Homemade Applesauce. Nothing beats the taste of homemade applesauce, and it's so easy to make! Every year, starting in mid summer with the Gravensteins, and through late fall with Granny Smiths and Fuji apples. This apple sauce recipe is the easiest, most delicious treat you can make to have as a snack, condiment, or an ingredient for other meals.
Make your own delicious unsweetened applesauce with just apples, water and cinnamon. Enjoy as a snack, dessert, or alongside savory dishes. Watch how to make homemade applesauce in this short recipe video. You can have Homemade Applesauce using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Applesauce
- It's 4 of large Fuji apples.
- It's 1-1/4 cup of apple juice a good quality.
- It's 1/3 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need To taste of kosher salt.
You won't believe how tasty freshly made applesauce can be! To freeze homemade applesauce, wait until it has cooled completely and then put into quart or gallon sized freezer bags. Put the applesauce in the freezer and store it for. Homemade Applesauce: blog post about homemade applesauce recipe is long pending.
Homemade Applesauce instructions
- Wash, peel, and core the apples. Chop them up..
- Put into a pot with the other ingredients..
- Cook 15-20 minutes. Smash and stir the applesauce. Taste add the salt stir and re-taste. If you like take just a bit out add salt to taste. If you like it better without the salt then just leave the salt out..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
If I make a list of FAQs, the first question would be "I can't find unsweetened applesauce. In this video we make applesauce from the apples harvested in the garden. Something we try to do each year. Yummy, and useful in many dishes and pastries. This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links.