Applesauce Muffins. The wholesome muffins are great for packing into a lunch box, and they can be vegan, gluten free, egg free, dairy free, whole food plant based, and oil free. Easy and delicious Applesauce Oat Muffins. They make the perfect healthy snack and they're freezer-friendly, too!
And all without excess added sugars! They're a perfect healthy snack or breakfast for kids to make. Reviews for: Photos of Oat Applesauce Muffins. You can have Applesauce Muffins using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Applesauce Muffins
- Prepare 3/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce.
- You need 2/3 cup of pure maple syrup or honey.
- You need 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of unsalted butter, melted and cooled.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need 2 tsp. of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of allspice.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of old fashioned rolled oats.
- It's 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare of coarse sugar, for topping.
These lightly spiced applesauce muffins come together quickly and easily while limiting sugar and staying moist for tasty breakfasts in a hurry. DIRECTIONS Spray muffin tins with nonstick spray. Mix in beaten eggs, applesauce and melted butter. (by hand, do not need mixer). Apple Applesauce Muffins might feel redundant at first, but this recipe is so special, I had to name it twice!
Applesauce Muffins instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a standard size muffin tin or line with parchment paper liners and set this aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the applesauce, maple syrup, eggs, butter and vanilla and set that aside..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and salt. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and use a rubber spatula to mix until just combined. Then fold in the oats and the walnuts..
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tins and bake for 15-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out of the centers clean. Then, remove them from the oven, let them cool in the pan for 5 or so minutes, then pop them out of the pan and place them on a cooling rack to cool completely..
Not only are these little guys delicious, but they are also fun and easy to make. The trick with baking without oil is not difficult. Apple sauce is what keeps this recipe moist without added artery-clogging oil. I have another delicious muffin recipe for you to try! These Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins are not too heavy for the morning, but they are full of flavor and have just the.