Best Homemade Applesauce.
You can cook Best Homemade Applesauce using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Best Homemade Applesauce
- Prepare of Peeled, cored, diced apples (any variety).
- It's of Sugar.
- It's of Water.
- Prepare to taste of Cinnamon.
Best Homemade Applesauce step by step
- Peel, core and large dice your apples. I found if you mix varieties you'll get great results but it really doesn't matter.
- Place in large pan, add enough water to come halfway up the diced apples, sprinkle sugar over the top and stir. The photo is of 8 apples and 3/4 C sugar.
- Bring to a good simmer, and simmer until the apples are soft, about 20 minutes.
- At the end, sprinkle cinnamon and stir. My batch of 8 apples used 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- Let cool until lukewarm, scoop into either a food processor or blender (liquid too!) and pulse until smooth.
- That's it! Enjoy! Keep covered in the fridge for up to a week.