Vongole with a Japanese Twist.
You can cook Vongole with a Japanese Twist using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vongole with a Japanese Twist
- You need 1 bag of Manila clams.
- Prepare 15 grams of Ginger.
- It's 50 ml of Sake (or white wine).
- You need 10 of + 5 grams Butter.
- You need 1 of few drops Soy sauce.
- It's 1 of Salt and pepper.
- It's 200 grams of Pasta.
Vongole with a Japanese Twist step by step
- Flush the sand out of clams by soaking them in salt water (at about 3%) for at least 30 minutes. Julienne the ginger..
- Boil water in a large pot and add a good amount of salt (not listed). Cook the pasta. I recommend checking the doneness one minute earlier than the package directions..
- Melt 10 g of butter in a pan and sauté the ginger from step 1 over low heat. This will bring out the fragrance of the ginger..
- Once you add the well washed clams to the pan, turn the heat to high. Pour sake and cover immediately. (It is best to cook shellfish over high heat.).
- Once the clams are open, turn off the heat and set the pan aside. (Clams will harden if overcooked.).
- Add the pasta, along with a ladle-full of pasta cooking water, a few drops of soy sauce, and the remaining butter. Mix quickly. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper as desired..
- Serve with your favorite toppings like green onions, parsley, shiso (perilla leaves), or nori seaweed..