Sauerkraut and polish kielbasa. This Polish Sauerkraut and Sausage has an amazing story. This Polish recipe will not disappoint you. S., "kielbasa" can be bought in most Polish stores all over the USA, as well as in most major grocery store Served usually together as kielbasa and sauerkraut, it is a simple dish and used at parties, buffets and traditional Polish Holiday meals as a main entree.
Harvest Pork With Apples And Sauerkraut, Sweet And Sour Sauerkraut And Kielbasa, Beer And Brown Sugar Kielbasa & Sauerkraut. View top rated Polish kielbasa and sauerkraut recipes with ratings and reviews. Polish Sausage and Sauerkraut in sauce, Sauerkraut And Polish Kielbasa, Country Ribs With… Try this kielbasa with sauerkraut and apples recipe that's tasty and easy. You can have Sauerkraut and polish kielbasa using 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sauerkraut and polish kielbasa
- You need 1 of . 14 oz. Package of kielbasa or any smoked sausage you prefer.
- Prepare 1 of med. Onion.
- You need 4-5 of med. Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 jar of or bag of sauerkraut.
- It's 2 cups of chicken stock or broth.
- It's Table spoon of sugar.
- You need Table spoon of olive oil.
- It's of Salt & Pepper to your taste.
It all comes together in your crock pot, so the work is minimal. Kielbasa, sauerkraut, and sliced apples team up in this tasty slow cooker dish. It's a great meal for a cool day and preparation is a breeze. Sauerkraut and Dumplings is classic European comfort food.
Sauerkraut and polish kielbasa step by step
- Ingredients! Normally I like to use brown sugar but to my surprise I was out so normal cane sugar..
- Cut and quarter onion and potatoes. If doing the quick cook cut smaller..
- Cut kielbasa to an inch and a quarter. Again quick cook three and a quarter inch..
- Heat Dutch oven to med/high heat or a pot with a lid..
- Once heated add olive oil. Heat for one to two minutes or until starts to shimmer..
- Add kielbasa potatoes onions and salt and pepper..
- Fry eight to ten minutes untill lightly browned..
- Pour in your two cups of stock and stir making sure to use your spoon on the bottom of your pot to break up all the browned bits. Then add the kraut undrained juices and all..
- Add your sugar and stir well to incorporate. Bring to a simmer and taste for sweetness..
- Cover and reduce heat to the lowest setting. If doing quick method medium heat thirty minutes if not a hour..
- Now if your doing the quick cook method your set and ready to go!!!! If your doing the slow and low as I am stir and crack your lid open and turn your range to medium heat. And cook for thirty minutes..
- After thirty minutes check your potatoes with a tooth pick poke in center and should slide right off when done. In this case just like the brown sugar out of those too so I used a metal kabob stick. If they don't fall off check every five minutes till they do..
- Ready to plate hope you all enjoy this recipe either quick or slow and low. Didn't mention the pierogis store bought. Good with mash potatoes also and sour cream!!!!.
- Hope you try this simple and easy always good recipe. May God be so kind to bless us all!!!!! And Yes that is Morgan Freeman"LOL".
This dish has meaty chunks of Kielbasa intermingled throughout for a complete Though I contend this recipe is German in nature, you will find similar recipes for Polish Sauerkraut and Dumplings, as well as Czech Sauerkraut and Dumplings. I don't even like kielbasa. photo by mersaydees. Beer & Brown Sugar Polish Sausage with Sauerkraut. Sauerkraut and Dumplings with Kielbasa being scooped from sk. Grilled Polish Sausage and Sauerkraut Franks and Sauerkraut Paprikash Kielbasa, frequently called Polish sausage, is made from coarsely ground pork seasoned with garlic and stuffed in a thick casing, after which the links You can cook the kielbasa, beer and sauerkraut in a slow cooker instead of on top of the stove.