Kielbasa, Stout and Sauerkraut Stew. Nothing says home-cooked comfort quite like this simple yet satisfying soup. This hearty Polish-style soup with kielbasa and sauerkraut reminds us of traditional family gatherings, but we love it as a quick and easy weeknight dinner too. Super Recipe of Kielbasa & sauerkraut with potatoes, onions & Beer!
View top rated Kielbasa and sauerkraut stew recipes with ratings and reviews. Kielbasa and Mixed Greens Soup, Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, Three Ways, Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Sauerkraut… Kielbasa and Sauerkraut. S., "kielbasa" can be bought in most Polish stores all over the USA, as well as in most major grocery store chains, which may be unsmoked or fully or partly smoked. You can have Kielbasa, Stout and Sauerkraut Stew using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kielbasa, Stout and Sauerkraut Stew
- You need 2 tbsp. of butter.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion, sliced.
- It's of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It's 1 lb. of kielbasa sausage, chopped.
- You need 2 of carrots, peeled and sliced into coins.
- It's 1 tbsp. of mustard seed.
- Prepare 1 (12 ounce) of stout beer.
- You need 1/2 lb. of Yukon Gold potatoes, halved.
- Prepare 1 bunch of mustard greens or kale, stems removed and thinly sliced.
- It's 2 cups of sauerkraut, drained.
- It's 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of fresh parsley, chopped.
Served usually together as kielbasa and sauerkraut, it is a simple dish and used at parties, buffets. A crockpot stew that could be adapted to the stovetop. just cover and simmer until potatoes and carrots are tender. Bigos—a Polish stew of pork shoulder, bacon, kielbasa, and sauerkraut—is perfect for every celebration. Return meat to pot along with reserved mushrooms and their soaking liquid, and then add prunes, stock, and wine.
Kielbasa, Stout and Sauerkraut Stew step by step
- In a large dutch oven, add the butter, onion, and a pinch of salt. Cook on low until the onions have caramelized, about 10 minutes. Transfer the caramelized onions to a bowl and set aside..
- In the same pan, add the olive oil and turn the heat to medium high. Add the sausage and brown for 1-2 minutes. Add the carrots and mustard seed and cook for 5 more minutes. Deglaze the pot with the beer. Add the potatoes, mustard greens or kale, and sauerkraut to the Dutch oven, along with the caramelized onions..
- Add the chicken stock and parsley to the pot, and season with salt. Cook for 20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through..
A one-pot dish of browned kielbasa cooked with packaged sauerkraut. Looking to amp up your beef stew but unsure where to start? A slow cooker can can take your Add the sauerkraut and cook for a few minutes then return kielbasa to pan. Add the stock and cook until. The Best Kielbasa Sauerkraut Recipes on Yummly