Easy and Healthy White Sauce with Rice Flour.
You can cook Easy and Healthy White Sauce with Rice Flour using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy and Healthy White Sauce with Rice Flour
- It's of <White sauce>.
- Prepare 100 ml of ○ Milk.
- It's 1 tbsp of ○ Joshinko (100% non-glutinous rice type).
- You need of <For stew or clam chowder for a reference>.
- It's 100 ml of ● Water.
- You need 100 ml of ● Milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ● Joshinko (100% non-glutinous rice type).
Easy and Healthy White Sauce with Rice Flour step by step
- For white sauce: For use in doria or gratin, 150 ml of milk per person is an adequate amount. Multiply the number of servings by 150 ml. The amount of the joshinko is 1 tablespoon flour for 100 ml of milk, so you can calculate the total amount to use from the amount of the milk..
- In a saucepan, add the milk and dissolve the joshinko and set it aside (see the Helpful Hints). Cook it over medium heat stirring well as the joshinko tends to sink to the bottom. Once the milk warms up, it thickens quickly, so keep an eye on the sauce and stir constantly. Once the sauce thickens, season it with salt and pepper and it is done..
- Pour the sauce over a doria or gratin ingredients, top it with cheese and bake it in the oven until golden brown. The taste of the sauce is subtle, but the doria or gratin filling have strong tastes and they go well together. My family has not noticed that the white sauce has changed..
- For stew or chowder: Follow your normal recipe with your favorite ingredients. Add water to barely cover the ingredients before seasoning it with salt and pepper. Dissolve the joshinko in the milk that is the same amount as the water added..
- Once the ingredients are cooked, add the milk & joshinko mixture, stir and cook until thickened, and it is done..
- This is a potato gratin. It is made in a 21 cm-sized large dish. It is a tad over-baked..
- This is individual-sized doria..
- This is a shrimp chowder..
- This is a cream stew. If you add some curry powder when you sauté the vegetables, it becomes a curry flavored stew..