Polish Fresh Sausage and Sauerkraut on a sub roll.
You can have Polish Fresh Sausage and Sauerkraut on a sub roll using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Polish Fresh Sausage and Sauerkraut on a sub roll
- Prepare 1 of Polish Fresh or smoked Sausage/Kielbasa.
- It's 1 of brat roll warmed.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of horseradish sauce.
- It's 1 tsp of yellow mustard.
- It's 2 slice of Bacon, fried and finely crumbled (reserve bacon fat).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sauerkraut, lightly rinsed and drained.
- You need 1/4 cup of Red Onions, finely chopped.
- It's 1/4 cup of Celery, finely Chopped.
- You need 1 clove of garlic clove, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/4 tsp of splenda sweetner.
- It's tsp of 1/8 tsp. each: Caraway seed, and dill.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt & Pepper.
- It's 1/4 cup of Black walnuts or pine nuts, finely chopped.
Polish Fresh Sausage and Sauerkraut on a sub roll instructions
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil. Then add sausage and par boil for 7 - 10 minutes..
- Remove from pot, then pat dry; set aside..
- In a oil coated frying pan or on a grill; cook the sausage 5 - 10 minutes more; until skin is browned. Remove and set aside..
- Cook up 2 slices of bacon, crumble finely; reserve bacon fat for frying...
- Lightly Rinse sauerkraut and drain off excess water..
- In a food processor, process onion, celery, garlic, and walnuts to fine pieces;.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together sauerkraut, crumbled bacon, garlic, onion, caraway seed, celery, dill, walnuts, salt and pepper..
- Over a grill or stove top fry/saute' the sauerkraut in bacon fat until warmed and little golden over medium-high heat or coals.... Then set aside....
- In a small bowl mix together mustard and horseradish sauce..
- Spread mustard mixture on the brat roll, then add your sausage link of choice and top with sauerkraut and serve..