Sausage and sauerkraut casserole. Add sauerkraut and brown sugar to bacon mixture. It has spaetzle and sausage, and the sauerkraut is flavored with bacon, brown sugar, apples, and sauteed onions. Reviews for: Photos of Spaetzle, Sauerkraut and Sausage Casserole.
Serve with extra mustard if you like. Sausage casserole is so simple with this easy recipe with cannellini beans, plum tomatoes and potatoes. Plus, it's ready in under an hour! You can have Sausage and sauerkraut casserole using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sausage and sauerkraut casserole
- It's 2 packages of kielbasa sausage.
- It's 1 can of sauerkraut.
- Prepare 2 cups of mixed vegetables.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of Garlic.
- You need of All purpose seasoning salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Ketchup.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Mayo.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Sour cream.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- You need 2 cups of cheese.
- It's of Season to taste !!!.
- You need 6 of potatoes mashed.
Sausage casserole has never been simpler to make than with this easy recipe combining cannellini beans, plum tomatoes and potatoes into one delicious dish. Share Easy casserole recipe to cook baked sauerkraut with simple and savory ingredients like smoked sausages, potatoes, and wine. View this video about how to make sauerkraut casserole with the savoriest baked sauerkraut, potato and sausage recipe you ever had! This easy recipe for German sausage and sauerkraut produces a simple one-dish meal with wonderful flavors, perfect for warming a cold winter night.
Sausage and sauerkraut casserole instructions
- Boil potatoes till soft. In the mean time cut up sausage in slices and sauté it with 2 tbs olive oil & season with (salt, pepper, garlic, all purpose). Also heat up frozen veggies in a separate pot.
- Mash potatoes with ketchup, mayo, butter, (pepper & garlic, & sour cream..
- Mix sauerkraut and sausage together.
- Butter lightly a baking dish and layer in order: - sausage & sauerkraut - veggies - mash potatoes - top with cheese.
- Broil till cheese is browning..
- All done, enjoy !.
You can use kielbasa, knackwurst, or bratwurst in this hearty casserole recipe that's perfect for a cold winter night. Any type of smoked German sausage. The Hairy Bikers' sausage casserole is like a big hug on a cold winter's day! Warming and filling, it's the ultimate comfort food. The Hairy Bikers' take on sausage casserole makes a wonderfully warming and filling dish, and it freezes brilliantly.