Pasta Smoked Sausage and Sauerkraut. Slice Sausage lengthwise and then cut the pieces into half moons as thick or as thin as you would like. Thinner slices create a meatier presentation and thicker slices create a meatier. Enjoy a simple smoked Polish sausage and sauerkraut recipe with apple juice, Granny Smith apples, and bacon—perfect for a potluck or tailgating.
Take Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage with Cabbage and Sauerkraut and simmer them all up in a skillet. Add your favorite beer to the recipe for Cut sausage into ¼" slices; set aside. Sausage and Kale Pasta Recipe with Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce This smoked sausage and. You can cook Pasta Smoked Sausage and Sauerkraut using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pasta Smoked Sausage and Sauerkraut
- Prepare of Pasta----------------.
- It's 1 tablespoon of extra Virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/2 pound of noodles.
- Prepare 1 quart of water to boil pasta.
- It's of Panfry-------------------------.
- You need 1 pound of smoked sausage.
- It's 1 stick of butter.
- You need 1 of medium onion diced.
- You need 28 ounces of sauerkraut.
- It's 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- It's To taste of salt and ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
An easy and delicious blend of smoked sausage, apples, onions, and sauerkraut that everyone will love! This is great served with potatoes and cornbread. Pasta is mixed with smoked sausage and a tomato sauce, topped with breadcrumbs and cheese, then baked to perfection. Sauerkraut and sausage is great summer grilling party food because you can keep those polish sausages simmering for a couple hours on the grill, ensuring you have hot food ready throughout the party.
Pasta Smoked Sausage and Sauerkraut step by step
- Slice the sausage into bite sized pieces. Boil the sausage and the pasta..
- Sauté the onions in the butter, when translucent add the cooked pasta and sausage pieces, when the pasta has absorbed most of the butter then add the sauerkraut, and chopped parsley. Add the salt and pepper..
- When everything is mixed add the 1/2 stick butter in pats. Stir just a bit. Add 1 cup of the pasta-sausage water. Cover and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
From what I understand, this dish is a summer standby in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Technically I can't really call this a "recipe" — it's more of a "how to." Whenever my Grandma Czaplewski's made ham for the holidays, we always had Polish Sausage and Sauerkraut, too. My heritage is Polish, and so I might like this just a little more than the. Smoked sausage and sauerkraut goes into the crock pot all day with chicken stock, seasonings and vegetables. Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage and Sauerkraut Soup.