Cabbage and sausage with sauerkraut. Shred the cabbage as you would for coleslaw and slice the onion thin. Saute in a little olive oil untill limp. Then in the same pan add the tomatoes, sauerkraut and seasonings.
Add your favorite beer to the recipe for Cut sausage into ¼" slices; set aside. Sauerkraut is slowly simmered with brown sugar and apple to mellow out the tangy flavor, then baked with bacon and kielbasa sausage for a hearty German-inspired main dish that will warm you up. It is definitely worth the time and effort! You can have Cabbage and sausage with sauerkraut using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cabbage and sausage with sauerkraut
- It's 1 of medium onion sliced thin and chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 lb of sausage sliced thin.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of If you have any ham scraps for seasoning throw in.
- You need 1 tsp of carraway seeds.
- It's 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 of +1/2 can of beer.
- It's 15 oz of sauerkraut with juice.
- You need 1/2 head of cabbage.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of pickling spice.
Serve with hot German potato salad and red cabbage. This easy recipe for German sausage and sauerkraut produces a simple one-dish meal with wonderful flavors, perfect for warming a cold winter night. This traditional food is fermented cabbage with spices. It was a good way to preserve the vitamins and nutrients in cabbage through the winter.
Cabbage and sausage with sauerkraut instructions
- Add olive oil and onions sausage and ham which is optional. Saute until till onions are clear..
- Add beer and cabbage and sauerkraut with juice and cook down cabbage..
- Add the remaining ingredients and seasonings. This is one quick pot meal that doesn't take much. Enjoy.
Cabbage And Sauerkraut With Smoked Sausage. Cut sausage into ¼" slices; set aside. Sauerkraut with other cabbages: Red cabbage, napa cabbage, and other cabbages all make great sauerkraut. Make individual batches or mix them up for a multi-colored sauerkraut! Canning sauerkraut: You can process sauerkraut for longer storage outside of refrigeration, but the canning.