Hamaguri Clam Clear Soup.
You can have Hamaguri Clam Clear Soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hamaguri Clam Clear Soup
- It's 4 of to 6 Clams.
- You need 1 of Kombu (5 cm square).
- You need 400 ml of Water.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sake.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Usukuchi soy sauce.
- Prepare 6 of Mitsuba.
- Prepare of For flushing the sand out of the clams.
- You need 500 ml of Water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
Hamaguri Clam Clear Soup instructions
- Wash clams with tap water. Pat dry the kombu with a well-wrung kitchen towel. Tie 3 stalks of mitsuba together for the garnish..
- Flush the sand out of the clams: Dissolve salt in water and submerge the clams. Cover with newspapers and leave for 2 to 4 hours. ＊I recommend you use a colander and a bowl for this task..
- Put water, kombu, washed clams, and sake in a pot, and heat over high. Take the kombu right before it comes to a boil..
- When clams open up, skim off the scum, and adjust the flavor with soy sauce..
- Serve the soup in bowls, and garnish with the tied mitsuba..