Overstuffed Calzones. In large bowl, mixer or bread machine, add warm water. Stir and let sit until frothy. When yeast has bloomed add flour mixture and olive oil.
Make ahead and freeze so when you get a craving, just heat and serve. Can be filled with any and everything your hearts desire. Fun for kids to help make. You can have Overstuffed Calzones using 14 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Overstuffed Calzones
- You need of For the dough:.
- It's 1 package of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar or honey.
- Prepare 1 cup of warm water, not hot.
- It's 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 1 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It's 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- It's Can of use bread flour or combination of both equal amount.
- You need of You can also add herbs and spices to your dough if you like,.
- You need of For the filling:.
- It's of You can use any fillings you like. Here are some suggestion:.
- Prepare of Onion, bell pepper, black olives, spinach, pepperoni, sausage,.
- Prepare of Just fill with fav pizza toppings or chicken also.
- You need of For the dough.
Better than store bought because you. A calzone stuffed with a fluffy vegetable and cheddar cheese frittata, hash brown potatoes and sausage gravy. Hot pockets, calzones whatever you call them, they are delicious! Make ahead and freeze so when you get a craving, just heat and serve.
Overstuffed Calzones step by step
- In large bowl, mixer or bread machine, add warm water..
- Add sugar and yeast. Stir and let sit until frothy..
- In another bowl, add 3 cups all purpose flour, salt and herbs if using..
- When yeast has bloomed add flour mixture and olive oil. Mix until well combined..
- If using stand mixer use dough hook. Bread machine jusr use dough or pizza setting..
- If kneading by hand, lightly flour surface and knead dough until smooth and elastic. About 6-10 minutes. Add flour little at a time if it gets sticky..
- Once the dough ball is smooth and elastic, place a few drops of olive oil i a bowl. Turn dough around coating all sides. Cover with towel or plastic wrap..
- Let dough rise in warm place until doubled..
- After dough has doubled, punch down and turn out on lightly floured surface..
- I cut mine into 4 sections which makes a good size calzone. But you can make as big or small as you like..
- Flatten and roll your dough into a round pizza shape..
- Place cheese and your filling on half of the dough leaving room around edges to seal..
- Fold dough over filling like a half moon shape. Press and stretch edges to seal..
- You can also use tines of fork to seal edges..
- Brush calzones with egg wash or olive oil..
- Bake at 400 degrees until golden brown..
- Can brush with melted butter and garlic if you like also..
- You can add sauce on the inside like a pizza or dip your calzone in sauce. Just make it anyway you like. Thanks for looking :).
Can be filled with any and everything your hearts desire. Fun for kids to help make. Divide filling between rounds, moisten edges with water, fold the dough over the filling and crimp or roll the edges to seal. Bake the Calzones: Transfer the calzones to a lightly oiled pan, poke the tops with a fork to vent, and brush with olive. Real Italian Calzones "I set this up for a build-your-own-calzone dinner party and it turned out fantastic!