Thai-style Cellophane Noodle Salad. Meanwhile, in large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Serve as a salad or side dish. Asian style salad with cellophane noodles, hard boiled eggs, fried tofu, and sauteed zucchini and onion, tossed with a tasty, spicy Thai chile sauce.
Use linguine, soba noodles, pad Thai-style rice noodles, brown rice noodles or seriously any pasta you have in your pantry. Vegan and Gluten free, this make-ahead salad is. This incredibly refreshing salad is loosely based on a recipe for a Thai cellophane noodle salad in Jeffrey Alford and Naomi Duguid's "Hot, Sour, Salty, Sweet." The authentic recipe includes more garlic and chiles as well as dried shrimp Make sure to cut up the noodles before you try to toss them with. You can have Thai-style Cellophane Noodle Salad using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai-style Cellophane Noodle Salad
- You need 50 grams of Cellophane noodles.
- Prepare 50 grams of Ground chicken or ground pork.
- You need 6 of to 8 Peeled shrimp.
- It's 1 small of Squid.
- It's 3 of stalks Chinese chives.
- It's 1/4 of Cucumber.
- You need 1/4 of Onion.
- You need 1 of to 2 leaves Lettuce.
- You need 1 tbsp of ☆ Lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ☆ Fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 clove of ☆ Grated garlic.
- It's 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
- It's 1 of dash, (to taste) Red chili peppers (seeds removed and sliced into rounds).
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt.
- It's 1 dash of Pepper.
Cellophane noodles, or fensi, sometimes called glass noodles, are a type of transparent noodle made from starch (such as mung bean starch, potato starch, sweet potato starch, tapioca, or canna starch) and water. Thai salads always fit the bill as the signature flavors of tart, spicy, sweet, and salty always set my mouth watering, for example: green papaya salad or som tam, and yum woon sen, cellophane noodles salad. An easy and light combination of cellophane noodles, shrimp and ground chicken, pungently flavored with a Thai-style lime dressing and fresh cilantro. The Honey Citrus Fruit Salad Recipe is one so simple yet completely full of natural flavor that you won't notice how few ingredients it has.
Thai-style Cellophane Noodle Salad instructions
- Bring water to boil in a pot and cook (rehydrate) the cellophane noodles. Drain into a colander or sieve, and cut up into 2-3 pieces (since the noodles are too long as-is for the salad)..
- Sprinkle on a little salt on the shrimp and rub in. Wash the shrimp and pat dry with paper towels. (The salt-rub is to remove the fishiness.).
- Remove the guts and cartilage from the squid. Cut off the tentacles one by one (cut the long ones in half). Slice the body into rounds..
- Cut up the chives into easy-to-eat pieces. Cut the cucumber lengthwise, then slice thinly on the diagonal. Slice the onion thinly. Julienne the lettuce..
- Heat sesame oil in a frying pan, add ground meat and stir fry until crumbly..
- Add shrimp and squid, sprinkle in salt and pepper, add red chili pepper and stir fry quickly..
- Add onion and chives and stir fry. When the vegetables have wilted and the shrimp and squid have changed color, it's done..
- Combine the cellophane noodles, cucumber, lettuce and stir fried ingredients from Step 7 into a bowl, add the ☆ ingredients and mix well..
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, transfer to serving plates and it's done! It's also good if you chill in the refrigerator for a while. It tastes even better the next day when the flavors have melded together..
- If you add cilantro or celery, or sprinkle chopped peanuts at the end, it will taste even more authentic..
This Thai Noodle Salad is the answer! Freshly chopped vegetables, tropical fruit, chewy rice noodles, and a creamy peanut dressing make for an Combining Thai-inspired flavors and ingredients to create a colorful salad is easy! Why not add a tropical spin to a mundane pasta salad to make meal time. An Aromatic, Tasty Thai Salad That Is Easy To Put Together. The aromatic flavors of Thai cooking- lime, fresh ginger and cilantro-infuse the mildly flavored cellophane noodles with a fragrant personality.