Turkey In A Bag. First time I've ever made a turkey in a bag and it was very moist and flavorful and browned beautifully. I cut a large onion in quarters and a bulb of garlic in half and stuck it in the turkey cavity as well as seasoning the cavity with salt & pepper. Learn some tips to create a more flavorful and juicy roast turkey when using an oven roasting bag to cook a turkey.
The oven bag keeps the turkey surrounded in its natural juices, producing a moist turkey with more flavor. A wide variety of turkey in a bag options are available to you When cooking turkey in a bag, think plastic. Paper grocery bags can be toxic. © Provided by Trusted Media Brands, Inc. You can cook Turkey In A Bag using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkey In A Bag
- You need 300 ml of Soy sauce.
- It's 1/3 cup of Honey.
- You need 2 tbsp of Black pepper.
- It's 3 tbsp of Ginger, chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic, smashed.
- You need 1 tbsp of White wine vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of Hot water.
Make sure the bag is designed to go in the oven and is not a brining bag. Reynolds Kitchens makes turkey-sized bags that are designed for roasting and come with twist ties and cooking information right in the package. Pull the bag out from under the turkey and discard. Cut up the bird and place back into the liquid in the same roasting pan.
Turkey In A Bag instructions
- In a bowl, mix together: the soy sauce, honey, black pepper, ginger, garlic, vinegar and the hot water.
- Put the thawed turkey in a big enough bag and add the soy sauce marinade. Close the bag well and leave it in the fridge for at least 12 hours. Tip: turn the bag every once in a while to do the marinade flavor spreads well..
- Remove the turkey from the fridge and if you want to stuff it, not its the time..
- Find a turkey cooking bag (usually found at grocery stores) or a brown paper bag with nothing written on it. If you use the paper bag, spread butter inside it..
- Put the turkey inside the paper of plastic cooking bag and cook it according to the weight of your turkey. See steps bellow.
- Remove the turkey from the bag and base it well with the water inside the bag and serve..
- Here are the guidelines for Thawing and Roasting a turkey:.
- 10 to 18 lbs: Thaw in refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. Thaw in cold water for 5 to 9 hours. Roast unstuffed for 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Roast stuffed for 3-3/4 hours to 4-1/2 hours..
- 18 to 22 lbs: Thaw in refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. Thaw in cold water for 9 to 11 hours. Roast unstuffed for 3-1/2 to 4 hours. Roast stuffed for 4-1/2 to 5 hours..
- 22 to 24 lbs: Thaw in refrigerator for 5 to 6 days. Thaw in cold water for 11 to 12 hours. Roast unstuffed for 4 to 4-1/2 hours. Roast stuffed for 5 to 5-1/2 hours..
If you want to freshen the liquid with more Worcester and wine, go ahead. This oven bag turkey recipe is made using a special oven bag that is designed for cooking a turkey. Dot turkey with cubes of butter. Read the turkey in a bag discussion from the Chowhound Home Cooking, Turkey food community. Sign up to discover your next favorite restaurant, recipe, or cookbook in the largest community of knowledgeable food enthusiasts.