Rhubarb and strawberry jam. Make this strawberry-rhubarb jam for special breakfasts or to give away. Place rhubarb, strawberries, lemon juice, fruit pectin, and butter into a large kettle over medium heat. (Butter is optional but helps keep jam from getting too foamy). This strawberry rhubarb jam recipe does not include additional pectin, but DOES include a couple of secret ingredients that will have everyone thinking I have made strawberry jam many, many, many times.
Canning in jars is easy when you know How to Make Strawberry Rhubarb Jam from fresh rhubarb, strawberries, sugar and lemon without pectin. Katzcradul demonstrates how to make 'Rhubarb Strawberry Jam'. Below is the recipe from Pickyourown.org. with only slight modifications Liquid pectin was. You can have Rhubarb and strawberry jam using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rhubarb and strawberry jam
- It's 900 grams of diced rhubarb.
- You need 250 grams of clean strawberries.
- It's 1 kg of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 sachet of powder pectin.
- It's 1 of lemon juiced.
Thank you for taking time out of your day to come visit! Rhubarb Strawberry Pineapple Jam Using Fresh OR Frozen Rhubarb and Gelatin. Rhubarb Jam Topping on Ice Cream. The combination of the two fruits has long been a popular one.
Rhubarb and strawberry jam instructions
- Mix sugar and pectin and rhubarb. Cover and refrigerate until sugar starts dissolving or overnight..
- Transfer to maslim pan and stir until sugar dissolved. Simmer stirring occasionally until rhubarb soft and mixture has thickened. Should be close to setting temperature.
- Add hulled strawberries and let it simmer for about 12 minutes or until setting point..
- Check it wrinkles when you push a drop of jam in a cold plate..
- Let it rest for about 15 minutes. Remove any foam from surface.
- Stir and pot in warm sterilised jars.
- Seal and label.
Have you ever had lots of strawberries not knowing what to do with them? Well here is a very simple recipe of an. Have you ever made a jam which can also be used for making tea? Have you ever had lots of strawberries not knowing what to. Strawberry rhubarb jam - homemade, of course, just might be the perfect wedding favor.