Brad's strawberry rhubarb jam. The appearance of rhubarb and strawberries in the garden or at farmers' markets means it's canning season again. Make this strawberry-rhubarb jam for special breakfasts or to give away. Strawberry rhubarb jam recipe with no added pectin.
The combination of the two fruits has long been a popular one. Strawberry rhubarb preserves are by no means innovative, but they're a classic for a reason. The bright, rosy flavor of the sweet-tart pairing is our best attempt at bottling the optimism of the season. You can cook Brad's strawberry rhubarb jam using 9 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's strawberry rhubarb jam
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of rhubarb stalk.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/2 of flat fresh strawberries.
- You need 1 box of MCP pectin, yellow box.
- It's 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice, divided.
- It's 8 1/2 cups of sugar.
- It's of Accessories.
- Prepare 5 pint of jars, 1-1/2 pt jar, sterilized.
- It's of New lids, sterilized rings.
Even after both fruits have concluded their brief, wonderful moments, we'll still have this jam. Wipe jar rim if necessary, apply the hot sealing disc, and screw lids. Enjoy strawberry-rhubarb jam anytime you want by making your own! SimplyCanning.com shares all you need from harvest to putting it on the shelf in your This strawberry rhubarb jam recipe is made with equal parts Strawberry and Rhubarb.
Brad's strawberry rhubarb jam step by step
- Cut rhubarb stalk into 1/2 inch pieces. Place in a pot with water and 1/8 cup lemon juice..
- Bring to a simmer covered. Simmer until rhubarb becomes soft..
- Crush strawberries in a mixing bowl..
- You will need 6 cups total between the simmered rhubarb, and the crushed strawberries. Including all liquid..
- Put fruit in a large saucepot. Mix in rest of lemon juice and pectin..
- Meanwhile, place canning lids in a small saucepan. Cover with water. Bring to a simmer and hold..
- Bring to a rapid boil on medium high heat. Stirring constantly..
- Slowly mix in sugar. Bring back to a rapid boil. When stirring doesn't stop the boiling, set a timer for 4 minutes. Stir constantly..
- Remove from heat and quickly pour into sterilized jars..
- Wipe rim of jars with a damp cloth.
- Immediately put on hot lids and rings. Use oven mitts. Screw rings on tightly..
- Turn upside down onto a dry towel. Let sit for 5 minutes..
- After that turn right side up. Let sit on towel until they are cooled. They will seal when they cool..
- Let set up overnight. Refrigerate after opening.
Strawberry rhubarb jam is easy to make at home with a bit of fresh fruit and sugar, no pectin needed. The rhubarb adds a delightful tart flavor to the jam, while the strawberry adds sweetness and helps the jam finish with a beautiful red color. This particular recipe is actually more of a "Rhubarb. Experience the joy of a Strawberry Rhubarb pie but from a jar for enjoyment all year long with this Low Sugar Strawberry Rhubarb Jam Recipe! And let me tell you, that Raspberry Rhubarb Jam is a treat!