Easy and Delicious Asari Clams Steamed In Sake.
You can have Easy and Delicious Asari Clams Steamed In Sake using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy and Delicious Asari Clams Steamed In Sake
- You need 200 of to 300 grams Manila clams.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic, chopped finely.
- It's 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- You need 100 ml of Sake.
- You need 1/2 of to 1 teaspoon Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/3 bunch of Green onions (or 10 cm of Japanee leek).
Easy and Delicious Asari Clams Steamed In Sake instructions
- Put the oil and chopped garlic in a frying pan, and saute over low heat. When the oil is fragrant, add the scrubbed and de-sanded clams, and saute over high heat..
- Add the sake, cover with a lid and let them steam (about 2 minutes). When the clams open up, add the soy sauce and chopped green onions, mix it all up and it's done..
- How to de-sand the clams...Put the clams in salted water (1 teaspoon of salt to every 200 ml of water) and leave in a dark place covered with newspaper, until they've spit out the sand inside them..
- For clams you've dug yourself, allow 3 to 4 hours; for clams you bought at the supermarket, allow about an hour. Wash the clams under running water, rubbing the shells together. Drain in a colander..