Hot and Sour Chicken Soup. Delicious hot and sour soup does not need to be complicated. This easy chicken version is ready in about half an hour. My husband is a chef, and he said that this was fantastic!
The traditional hot and sour soup recipe call for Chinese dry shiitake mushroom. Soak the mushrooms in water until it is fully hydrated and become very soft Use scallop or shrimps in place of meat for the seafood version, make a chicken hot and sour soup or omit the meat if you prefer it to be vegetarian. Savoury, spicy, sour and hearty, Hot and Sour Soup is completely addictive! You can cook Hot and Sour Chicken Soup using 19 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hot and Sour Chicken Soup
- You need of Soup Base.
- You need 750 ml of chicken stock.
- You need 600 ml of water.
- You need 200 grams of Sliced fresh Mushrooms.
- It's 50 grams of Bamboo Shoots.
- You need 3 slice of Fresh Ginger Root.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, crushed.
- You need 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- It's 2 of Chopped Spring Onions.
- It's 1/4 tbsp of Crushed Chillies.
- Prepare of Chicken.
- Prepare 500 grams of Skinless boneless chicken breast cut into strips.
- It's 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare of Thickner.
- You need 6 tbsp of White Wine Vinegar.
- You need 4 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- You need bunch of Of Freshly chopped Coriander.
This recipe stacks up to the best Chinese restaurants. Chicken - I like to have a bit of protein in my Hot and Sour Soup, plus it's poached in the broth so it adds flavour. But this is optional - there's plenty of stuff in this soup. Learn how to make hot n sour chicken soup recipe at home.
Hot and Sour Chicken Soup step by step
- In a saucepan, combine the chicken stock , water, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, root ginger, garlic, soy sauce and crushed chillies. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer while you assemble the rest of the ingredients..
- Place the chicken strips into a bowl and toss with the sesame oil to coat. In a separate bowl, stir together the cornflour and vinegar, and set aside..
- Increase the heat under the stock to medium high, and return to a rolling boil. Add the Chicken. Return to the boil, and drizzle in the egg to create long strands of egg. Stir in vinegar and cornflour. Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked trough and the soup has thickened a little. Serve garnished with coriander.
This is a very easy recipe to make. This is also a healthy soup recipe for dinner. This soup is loaded with shiitake mushrooms, carrots, tofu and chicken. And it's incredibly easy to make. Just simmer them a little bit longer.