Mandys colcannon potatoes. Peel potatoes and wash them place into a pot of cold water with a touch of salt. Colcannon Potatoes are an Irish mashed potato recipe with mixed with greens and scallions and LOTS of butter and cream. You can't go wrong with this green-filled dish on St.
Place potatoes in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Traditional Irish Colcannon is creamy buttery mashed potatoes mixed with sauteed cabbage and lightly seasoned with salt and pepper. The mashed potatoes get tons of flavor from the green onions and a nice texture from the chopped Colcannon is a traditional Irish mashed potato recipe with kale or cabbage. You can have Mandys colcannon potatoes using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mandys colcannon potatoes
- It's 900 grams of washed peeled potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of large curly kale, washed and chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare to taste of butter.
- Prepare to taste of milk.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
It's a great way to get. Peel them using a knife and fork. Add cabbage, scallions, and ham to mashed potatoes, stirring them in gently. Potatoes and cabbage have been sustenance foods in Ireland for ages.
Mandys colcannon potatoes instructions
- Peel potatoes and wash them place into a pot of cold water with a touch of salt. Bring to a boil then simmer until you can put a knife through the potato without resistance..
- Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute, then add butter and mash the potato to eliminate lumps and then add enough milk to make it creamy.
- While the potatoes cook, clean the kale in cold water removing the hard middle stem in each leaf. Add to a pot of salted boiling water and cook until tender, drain and chop finely..
- Add kale to mashed potatoes, mix well add more milk if needed. Serve with chopped raw onion and enjoy. My kids call them curly murly and they're great for Halloween because they are green.
The classic Irish dish Colcannon (mashed potatoes with cabbage) combines the two. Colcannon Potatoes are an Irish mashed potato recipe with mixed with greens and scallions and LOTS of butter and cream. You can't go wrong with this green-filled dish on St. Transfer colcannon to a large serving bowl. Colcannon Recipe - Delicious, light and fluffy mashed potatoes with spring onions (scallions), cabbage, cream, plenty of butter and seasoning.