Colcannon ☘️🍀. Colcannon (Irish: cál ceannann, meaning "white-headed cabbage") is a traditional Irish dish of mashed potatoes with kale or cabbage. Colcannon is most commonly made with only four ingredients. Colcannon Potatoes are an Irish mashed potato recipe with mixed with greens and scallions and LOTS of butter and I first encountered colcannon potatoes while doing research on traditional Irish cooking.
In Ireland, colcannon is served as a special treat with ham or Irish bacon. The Irish tradition is to serve colcannon as the main dish for. While colcannon seems to be associated with St. You can cook Colcannon ☘️🍀 using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Colcannon ☘️🍀
- You need 5 pound of bag potatoes (I used the all purpose baking potatoes).
- Prepare 1 lb. of bacon.
- Prepare 1 of small head cabbage, quartered.
- Prepare 2 of onions, sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare of Sprinkle salt.
- You need of Sprinkle Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of margarine or butter.
Patrick's Day, I love the combination of potatoes, cabbage traditional colcannon uses kale rather than cabbage.try this substitution and you will be. Colcannon, a traditional Irish food staple, is a celebration of the humble spud, and the perfect addition to any meal. Colcannon with its unique and simple recipe has become popular around the world. Colcannon is traditionally eaten for Lammas in August, the use of fresh potatoes and cabbage makes it a You can eliminate the bacon for a vegetarian option.
Colcannon ☘️🍀 step by step
- Place bacon in a large pot and cook until almost done.......
- While bacon is cooking place your potatoes in a large pot and bring to a boil, cook for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender........Add some salt to boiling water.......Drain.....
- While bacon is still cooking place your cabbage and sliced onions into pot, let all that great bacon flavor soak into the cabbage and onions, cover and cook until cabbage and onions are tender.....Add black pepper but do not add salt ! The bacon already has salt in it !!.
- After draining potatoes mash until soft, add black pepper, milk and margarine or butter......Mix all very well.......
- Add mashed potatoes to bacon, cabbage and onion mixture and stir all very well...Heat well....😋.
- Serve and enjoy with corned beef !!!!! 😋.
Serve up a pot of Colcannon for your. Look for floury potatoes to use in this classic colcannon as they have a lower moisture content and are perfect for the mash. Colcannon is a traditional Irish dish of mashed potatoes with kale or cabbage. For faster navigation, this Iframe is preloading the Wikiwand page for Colcannon. Colcannon is most commonly made with only four ingredients: potatoes, butter, milk and kale.