Chickpea Spinach Curry.
You can have Chickpea Spinach Curry using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chickpea Spinach Curry
- It's of onion large diced.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato tomatoes of diced or 3 large es diced.
- It's 2 cups of spinach of chopped , frozen or fresh.
- It's 1 cup of chickpeas of , drained.
- It's 1 of chillie green slit lengthwise.
- It's 1 tbsp of ginger paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic paste.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It's 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Oil.
Chickpea Spinach Curry instructions
- To some heated oil, add the diced onions, mustard seeds and cumin and saute until the onions have softened. Next add the ginger and garlic pastes and continue cooking till the pastes get nice and aromatic.
- In goes the spice powders: turmeric, coriander and chilli. Give it a good mix, then add the green chilli and the diced or canned tomatoes. Add a cup of water, season with salt and over medium heat allow the curry to cook.
- Mins later, add the spinach and allow it to wilt, also add the can of chickpeas. Season with salt if needed.Once the spinach has cooked, remove from the heat.
- Your curry is ready and can be served with plain rice or roti.