Chole Palak Curry Chickpea Spinach Curry Lunch Dinner Recipe. This chickpea spinach curry is healthy, vegan, and ready in under half an hour. Tender chickpeas and spinach in a spiced tomato onion gravy, why not? Chickpea spinach curry is tastier and healthier than any take-away, at a fraction of the price, and is also impressive enough to serve if.
I remember whenever we would call someone over for lunch or dinner, mom would almost always So what actually is chole masala? In this recipe, chickpeas are cooked with onions, tomatoes and lots. This spinach curry recipe is one of my favorite Indian dishes. You can cook Chole Palak Curry Chickpea Spinach Curry Lunch Dinner Recipe using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chole Palak Curry Chickpea Spinach Curry Lunch Dinner Recipe
- Prepare 1 cup of Chickpeas.
- Prepare 2 bunches of Spinach.
- You need 2 of Big Finely chopped onion.
- You need 2 of Big Finely chopped tomato.
- You need 2 tbsp of Finely chopped garlic.
- It's 1 inch of Finely chopped ginger.
- You need 1 of Finely chopped green chilli.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oil.
- It's 1 tbsp of Ghee.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- It's 1 tsp of Chana masala.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Lemon juice.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of Pomegranate for garnishing.
When you see spinach and chickpea curry at an Indian restaurant, it's called Chole Palak. The palak chole recipe is like the North Indian chole curry and just has the addition of spinach. This is a healthy dish obviously due to the combination of spinach and. Palak Chole - This recipe is an amazing combination of palak (spinach) & chole (chickpea/chana).
Chole Palak Curry Chickpea Spinach Curry Lunch Dinner Recipe instructions
- Wash and soak chickpeas overnight. Next day, pressure cook chickpeas with 2 cups of water, salt, a pinch of turmeric for 4-5 whistles. Keep aside to cool. Remove stems from the spinach and wash thoroughly in running water. Blanch in salted boiling water for two minutes. Now transfer boiled spinach into ice-cold water to retain the green colour. Squeeze out excess water and grind it into a smooth puree..
- Heat oil in a pan on low flame and add cumin. Allow it to crackle. Then add chopped onions and sauté on a medium flame until translucent. Now add ginger, garlic, green chilli and cook for 5 minutes on the medium-low flame. Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, chanamasala, tomato puree and cook until masala leaves oil. Add boiled chickpea and let it cook with prepared masala for 4 minutes on medium-low flame..
- Now add puree spinach, lemon juice, and salt into the cooked masala. Mix well. Now add 1/2 cup water and cook on low flame for 10 to 12 minutes. Do stir the sabzi after every 1 to 2 minutes. Switch off the flame and add ghee. Stir it once. Garnish with pomegranate and serve hot with plain rice or paratha or chapati..
Make this recipe for your kids lunch box and be How to Make Palak Chole (Spinach Chickpea). Discover the goodness of spinach and chickpea with this delicious Spinach Chickpea Curry, which. Chickpeas and spinach is a marvelous combination, and Chole Palak is a healthy, protein-rich dish. Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans and kabuli chana, are immersed in spicy spinach gravy. Let that cook another few minutes and then add your chickpeas.