Crockpot Chickpea Spinach Curry. Crockpot Chickpea Curry Recipe - Try this easy vegetarian slow cooker chickpea curry recipe that is gluten-free and can be prepared dairy-free, too! Warmly Spiced Chickpea Sweet Potato Spinach Curry. Its a use up whatever you have kind of curry.
This recipe is awesome for making in bulk, for a crowd. The bonus is that it's vegan AND vegetarian, so you can make it for company that has specific diet needs - and please everyone. I made this one a long time ago, but it's still one of my favorites. You can have Crockpot Chickpea Spinach Curry using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Chickpea Spinach Curry
- You need 5 of chicken tenderloins (optional).
- It's 2 cups of chickpeas dried.
- It's 1 of onion diced.
- You need 1 8 oz bags of spinach frozen.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk.
- You need 4 of tbl curry paste.
- It's 1 of cumin tbl.
- You need 1 of coriander tbl.
- It's 2 of cilantro tbl dried.
- It's 2 tsps of salt.
- It's of peppercorns cilantro red & fresh for garnish.
It's warm and flavorful. goes very well with warm bread. Easy slow cooker recipes for the busy lady. Three great major ingredients in this Crock-Pot Spinach and Chickpea Stew. Full of fiber, anti-oxidants and even some protein from the chickpeas, this is a great one for those trying to eat healthier.
Crockpot Chickpea Spinach Curry instructions
- Plug in crockpot and set to low heat (cook time 6-8 hrs) or high heat (cook time 3-4 hrs).
- In a small bowl mix the coconut milk, curry paste, spices and herbs.
- Cut the raw chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Add chickpeas to crockpot. Then add chicken and onions.
- Pour coconut curry sauce over chicken and onions.
- Pour frozen spinach on top.
- Cover with lid and let cook for specified time.
- Garnish with red peppercorns and fresh cilantro.
- Enjoy with rice and or naan!.
If using dried chickpeas, soak chickpeas following standard soaking rules. If using canned chickpeas; rinse and drain them thoroughly before using them. Bursting with iron rich spinach and protein packed. This Spinach Chickpea Curry, also known as Chana Saag, is a healthy vegan and gluten-free curry. This easy one-pot curry is made with chickpeas and spinach in a sauce made of onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic and aromatic spices.