Spinach and chickpea flour dry curry (Palak besan sabji). This chickpea spinach curry is healthy, vegan, and ready in under half an hour. Tender chickpeas and spinach in a spiced tomato onion gravy, why not? Tender chickpeas in a tomato-onion gravy with soft spinach, boldly flavored with just a handful of spices, this curry is the absolute business.
Split chickpea flour is called Besan in Hindi. You will find both of these commonly referred to as Chickpea flour. Aloo Palak Sabji Recipe with step by step pics. You can have Spinach and chickpea flour dry curry (Palak besan sabji) using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spinach and chickpea flour dry curry (Palak besan sabji)
- Prepare 500 gm of Spinach.
- You need 50 gram of coriander.
- It's 2-3 table spoon of chickpea flour.
- It's 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It's to taste of Salt.
- It's 3 table spoon of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare Pinch of asafoetida.
- Prepare 3-4 of curry leaves.
- It's 1 tbsp of cumin coriander powder.
- It's 1 tbsp of red chilli powder.
Homely style dry potato spinach dish that goes very This is a homely style dry potato spinach dish that goes very well as a side dish with rotis, chapatis or pooris. If you want to make a gravy version then you can check this recipe of Aloo palak curry. A savory pancake begging to be eaten with pickles and chutneys or yogurts and cream. Hi Dave-Someone mentioned that they boiled chickpeas and dehydrated them before grinding into flour.
Spinach and chickpea flour dry curry (Palak besan sabji) instructions
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and when it started splutters add asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Add washed and chopped spinach and coriander and cook properly till spinach wilts completely. Add turmeric powder, cumin coriander powder, red chilli powder, salt and mix well and cook untill oil separates.
- Now add chickpea flour and mix properly untill all chickpea flour absorb by spinach and curry separates from pan.
If you do that, your pancake will flop, since boiled besan will not cling together. Mix chickpea flour, red chilli, cumin, coriander, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. These super fast Curried Chickpeas with spinach are packed with flavor and nutrients, vegan, gluten-free, and filling! When I finished cooking these Curried Chickpeas with Spinach I took a look at my notepad to make sure I had written down all the ingredients. Palak murukku is a simple easy snack made with Indian spinach,rice flour and chickpea flour (Besan) as main ingredient.