Chickpea Spinach & potato curry 😀. Chickpea spinach curry is tastier and healthier than any take-away, at a fraction of the price, and is also impressive enough to serve if entertaining, with some crispy cauliflower pakora as a starter. Catalan chickpeas and spinach is one of my favorite classic tapas here in Barcelona. Espinacas con garbanzos is something you eat because it sounds sexy, and doesn't taste half.
These bad boy legumes are high. Heat the curry paste in a large non-stick frying pan. In Seville, chickpeas and spinach (garbanzos con espinacas) is a popular dish served in both fine restaurants and tapas bars. You can cook Chickpea Spinach & potato curry 😀 using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chickpea Spinach & potato curry 😀
- You need 1 cup of dried chickpeas.
- You need 1 of small onion chopped.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves crushed.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of tumeric.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of corriander.
- Prepare 2 tsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of boiled water add 1 veg stock cube to it and mix.
- It's to taste of Salt n pepper.
- It's 1/2 TSP of mango chutney.
- Prepare 1 TSP of lemon juice.
- Prepare Handful of Spinach.
- Prepare A few of fresh coriander leaves for the finish.
- It's 1 of small squeeze of yogurt and mint mixed in for the finish. (Opt.
Easy Chickpea Spinach Pastry for holidays and company with vegan puff pastry. Easy Holiday Appetizer or Side to impress. The chickpea spinach filling is also great in sandwiches or as a dip! Both chickpeas and spinach are good sources of calcium and iron, plus chickpeas PS: If you make this Spanish chickpea and spinach stew, don't forget to tag me on Instagram as @lazycatkitchen.
Chickpea Spinach & potato curry 😀 step by step
- Rinse the chickpeas for about 5 minutes in cold water..
- Boil them for 30 minutes. And rinse again.
- Add a little butter in the frying pan heat up to melt it then add the onions. Fry for 1 minute then add the garlic.
- Add all the dried spices one after the other and mix..
- Then add the boiling water.
- Add all the rest and mix leave to simmer for 30 minutes..
- Serve with a little yogurt and mint mixed and fresh coriander leaves in the middle..
I make this super simple vegan Chickpea, Spinach and Mushroom Sauté once or twice a week for my husband. Spinach and chickpeas lend iron and protein respectively, and we infuse them with simple flavor from garlic, paprika, cumin and red wine vinegar. Combine spinach, chickpeas, and sauce in a large bowl; toss gently to coat. Arrange spinach mixture on a plate; top with orange segments, chicken, and walnuts. Currants add a surprising touch of sweetness to this simple sauté of chickpeas, spinach, squash and gnocchi.