Butternut squash, pepper, spinach and chickpea curry. The lemon juice lifts the flavour nicely. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with rice and/or flatbreads. This vegan butternut squash and chickpea curry is delicious!
This wholesome chickpea curry with loads of vegetables like hearty butternut squash, spinach and green peas simmered in creamy coconut milk will become your favourite if you give it a try. It's suitable for vegetarians and vegans but is also loved by a meat eating family like ours. Bring an exotic taste to your table with this totally vegetarian Butternut Squash Chickpea Curry. You can cook Butternut squash, pepper, spinach and chickpea curry using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut squash, pepper, spinach and chickpea curry
- It's 1 of butternut squash.
- You need 1 of medium white onion.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- It's 1 of yellow bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper.
- You need 400 ml of coconut milk.
- It's 100 g of spinach leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
Creamy, sweet Butternut Squash Curry served over piles of steaming rice. Add the spinach and just before serving a squeeze of lemon juice. Done in a little over the time it takes your rice to cook! Large bunch of coriander, roughly chopped (retain a few whole leaves for garnish).
Butternut squash, pepper, spinach and chickpea curry step by step
- Chop your onions about 2cm dice and finely dice your garlic. Cook them out in a pan with oil and add salt to release the natural sugars from onions..
- Almost caramelise the onions and garlic. Add your dried spices and cook out the spices for a couple minutes..
- Dice your butternut squash and peppers to about 2cm dice and add them Into the pan. Stir and combine..
- Add your coconut milk and bring to the boil. Reduce and cover until the butternut has broken down and the curry has thickened..
- Add your spinach and check the seasoning. Adjust to taste..
- Serve with brown rice or simply enjoy on its own for a wholesome veggie curry.
In a large bowl, toss the butternut squash with the chickpeas, olive oil, curry and cayenne and season with salt and pepper. curry powder. turmeric. chickpeas, drained. red pepper. spinach. How to make butternut squash curry. The chickpeas and chicken have more than enough protein and make this meal lower carb if you eat it on its own like I do. Here are some ingredient substitutions if you're looking to change things. A spicy Butternut Squash, Chickpea and Spinach Curry.