Chickpea and spinach curry. Chickpea spinach curry is tastier and healthier than any take-away, at a fraction of the price, and is also impressive enough to serve if entertaining, with some crispy cauliflower pakora as a starter. Even my kids go crazy for this mild curry, although feel free to increase the spice if you like it hot. These super fast Curried Chickpeas with spinach are packed with flavor and nutrients, vegan, gluten-free, and filling!
For this post, due to my curry addiction, I naturally chose this curry recipe from the book. This Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Spinach Coconut Curry was so delicious and comforting. Heat the curry paste in a large non-stick frying pan. You can cook Chickpea and spinach curry using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chickpea and spinach curry
- It's 1 of medium onion diced.
- It's 3-4 cm of piece of ginger, peeled and chopped.
- It's 1 tablespoon of ground coriander.
- It's 1 tablespoon of garam masala.
- It's 2 tablespoons of ground cumin.
- You need 3 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- It's 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Prepare 1-2 of chillies chopped (depends on type and strength of chilli and your own heat preference!).
- Prepare 3-4 cloves of garlic chopped.
- Prepare of Curry.
- You need 2 of x400g tins chickpeas drained.
- You need 1 of x400g tin chopped tomotoes.
- You need 75 g of coconut cream.
- You need 100 g of spinach (I used baby spinach).
- Prepare 3-4 tablespoons of chopped coriander.
- Prepare 1 of lime - optional.
Lots of fresh spinach brings the green to this chickpea dish, and curry livens up the flavor. Got some tins of chopped tomatoes and chickpeas in the cupboard, but stuck for inspiration? Try this wholesome veggie curry featuring spinach and potatoes. Curry powder gives this side dish a taste of India.
Chickpea and spinach curry instructions
- Soften onion and chilli in the oil on a low heat for approx 5-10 mins..
- Add onion/chilli mix to spices, garlic, ginger,tomato paste and pulse in a blender, processor or pestle and mortar..
- Add paste to a pan and cook in medium heat for 2 minutes. Add drained chickpeas and chopped tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add the coconut cream and a little water. Stir until the cream melts and is combined. Cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Add spinach and chopped coriander. Cook until wilted..
- Serve with flatbread or rice. slice of lime and coriander garnish can be optional..
A white-hot combination of curry powder, chickpeas, and real vegetables is exceptionally made tangy and cooked to smooth perfection. Fruits and Veggies Matter, Adult Recipe Cards by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. A quick delicious Indian-style curry with spinach, chickpeas, onions, and/or whatever veggies you have. I have added cauliflower, potatoes, and sweet potatoes to this recipe in the past. Last up we have my curried chickpea bowls with garlicky spinach.