Chickpea, Spinach, Coconut and Coriander Curry.
You can have Chickpea, Spinach, Coconut and Coriander Curry using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chickpea, Spinach, Coconut and Coriander Curry
- Prepare 1 of white onion.
- It's 9 cloves of garlic.
- It's 1 of thumb size of fresh root ginger.
- It's 2 tbsp of tomato purée.
- You need 2 tbsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of dried chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Garam masala.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare 800 g of chickpeas.
- Prepare 400 g of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 100 g of coconut cream.
- It's 2 of large handfuls of baby spinach.
- It's of Small bunch of fresh coriander.
- It's 4 Portions of cooked basmati rice.
Chickpea, Spinach, Coconut and Coriander Curry instructions
- To make the curry paste. Dice your onion finely and sweat in a pan with a little oil until softened. Set aside.
- In a blender, add your cooked diced onion, garlic cloves, ginger, tomato puree, cumin, garam masala, dried chilli flakes, ground coriander and a pinch of salt and blend until smooth to make the curry paste. You may need to add a little oil help blend smooth..
- In a pan add your curry paste and cook on a low heat for 2 minutes to cook out the spices..
- Add your drained chickpeas and stir in..
- Add in your chopped tomatoes and a little water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes until cooked through..
- Check the seasoning and spice level. Add your coconut cream and stir in. You may add a little more coconut if you prefer a more sweet curry sauce..
- Add in the spinach and wilt..
- Chop the coriander and add half into the sauce before serving..
- Serve with rice and garnish with the other half of the coriander..