Chickpea and Spinach Curry. Chickpea spinach curry is tastier and healthier than any take-away, at a fraction of the price, and is also impressive enough to serve if entertaining, with some crispy cauliflower pakora as a starter. Even my kids go crazy for this mild curry, although feel free to increase the spice if you like it hot. These super fast Curried Chickpeas with spinach are packed with flavor and nutrients, vegan, gluten-free, and filling!
For this post, due to my curry addiction, I naturally chose this curry recipe from the book. This Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Spinach Coconut Curry was so delicious and comforting. Heat the curry paste in a large non-stick frying pan. You can cook Chickpea and Spinach Curry using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chickpea and Spinach Curry
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 of big piece of fresh ginger (to taste).
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 can of chickpeas (400g), rinsed and drained.
- You need 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 350 g of frozen chopped spinach.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of curry powder.
- Prepare of (to taste) black pepper, salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Lots of fresh spinach brings the green to this chickpea dish, and curry livens up the flavor. Got some tins of chopped tomatoes and chickpeas in the cupboard, but stuck for inspiration? Try this wholesome veggie curry featuring spinach and potatoes. Curry powder gives this side dish a taste of India.
Chickpea and Spinach Curry step by step
- Dice the onion, chop the ginger finely and crush the garlic cloves. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion to the skillet. Fry until translucent, then add ginger. As soon as it gets fragrant, add garlic.
- Next, add cooked chickpeas, canned tomatoes and spinach. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
- Add seasoning and simmer for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally. Serve over rice. Enjoy :).
A white-hot combination of curry powder, chickpeas, and real vegetables is exceptionally made tangy and cooked to smooth perfection. Fruits and Veggies Matter, Adult Recipe Cards by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. A quick delicious Indian-style curry with spinach, chickpeas, onions, and/or whatever veggies you have. I have added cauliflower, potatoes, and sweet potatoes to this recipe in the past. Last up we have my curried chickpea bowls with garlicky spinach.