Spinach Channa curry (chickpea curry). This chickpea spinach curry is healthy, vegan, and ready in under half an hour. Tender chickpeas and spinach in a spiced tomato onion gravy, why not? Chickpea spinach curry is tastier and healthier than any take-away, at a fraction of the price, and is also impressive enough to serve if.
We all know how good Spinach is for us and we keep looking for recipes and innovative ways to include as much as we can in our diets. Heat the curry paste in a large non-stick frying pan. These super fast Curried Chickpeas with spinach are packed with flavor and nutrients, vegan, gluten-free, and filling! You can cook Spinach Channa curry (chickpea curry) using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spinach Channa curry (chickpea curry)
- Prepare 2 tins of chick peas.
- You need 500 gram of spinach.
- You need 2 of Onion.
- Prepare of Ginger & garlic paste.
- It's 1 tin of chopped tomatos.
- It's 4 of Cloves.
- It's 1/2 of cinnamon stick.
- It's 1 of black cardamom.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of chickpea masala.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It's 1 tsp of jeera (cumin seeds).
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It's of Oil.
- It's 2 of Bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 of green chilli.
- You need Strips of ginger.
- It's of Tea bag (optional).
When I finished cooking these Curried Chickpeas with Spinach I took a look at my notepad to make sure I had written down all the ingredients. A delicious and warming Chickpea Curry, great for cooler nights and perfect for the whole family. Both vegetarian AND vegan, this dish boasts the curry FLAVOR vs major heat, and is quick & easy to make! A quick delicious Indian-style curry with spinach, chickpeas, onions, and/or whatever veggies you have.
Spinach Channa curry (chickpea curry) step by step
- Boil the chickpea in the pressure cooker along with bay leaves, black cardamom, cloves and tea bag (optional) boil till you hear the two whistles from the pressure cooker. If you using the fresh chickpea you can soak them over night and cook it the pressure cooker the next day till they get soft. You can add 1/2 tsp baking powder in to that when you boil them, only use baking powder for fresh chickpea..
- In the other pot, boil the spinach for few mins and Blend it till you get nice and smooth paste..
- Heat up the oil in the other pan, add cumin seeds,1 Tbsp ginger and garlic, chopped onions, cook it till soft and brown in colour. Add chopped tomatoes and let it cook till it’s become in to nice paste. Add salt, coriander seeds, red chilli powder and chickpeas masala & little bit of water. Cook it for another 3-4 mins..
- Add Spinach purée and chickpeas (boiled). Add the same water that you boiled the chickpeas with. Don’t throw the water away. Let it cook for 20 mins or so till it’s starts to get in to nice gravy..
- At last, in the hot oil shallow fry the ginger strips and green chillis. Pour it on top of the curry..
- Ready and serve with your choice of Roti, naan or rice 🍚.
I have added cauliflower, potatoes, and sweet potatoes to this recipe in the past. This Chickpea Curry has become one of my favorite meals. It's super quick to make and packed with flavor! Chickpeas make a wonderful base for curry because they are ready immediately Fresh basil - could substitute baby spinach or kale. How do you make Chickpea Curry?