Low-carb Cauliflower Crust Pizza.
You can have Low-carb Cauliflower Crust Pizza using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Low-carb Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- Prepare 1 head of cauliflower, about 750g.
- Prepare 100 g of ground almonds.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- It's handful of grated Parmesan.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It's of Tomato sauce and grated cheese or other ingredients for the topping.
Low-carb Cauliflower Crust Pizza instructions
- Divide the cauliflower into florets and discard the outer leaves and the core. Place in a food processor and blitz briefly until shredded into couscous size grains. You might need to do this in two batches..
- The recipe I was following said to place the cauliflower rice in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 5-6 minutes on high. I don't have a microwave and found another recipe where it suggested spreading thinly in a large roasting pan, rubbing in a little olive oil, and baking for 10 minutes at 200C/Gas 6. It caught slightly so I'd suggest a lower heat for about 6-8 minutes..
- Pile the cooked cauliflower rice in the middle of a clean kitchen towel and squeeze it tightly so that all the liquid is removed. All the recipes I looked at stressed that this is really important to get a dry pizza base. I think microwaving probably creates more liquid as I didn't get that much..
- Place the 'rice' in a bowl and add the ground almonds, eggs, oregano and cheese. Season with salt and pepper and mix well..
- Place baking parchment on a baking tray and brush liberally with olive oil. Pile the pizza base mixture in the middle and then use your fingers to spread it out into a thin round..
- Bake in the hot oven for 15 minutes until golden..
- Allow to cool completely, then add your pizza toppings. I used some leftover tomato and bacon sauce I'd made for pasta and some grated Cheddar cheese and Parmesan. Place in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is bubbling. Eat!.