Asari Clam Rice.
You can cook Asari Clam Rice using 3 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Asari Clam Rice
- It's 360 ml of Uncooked white rice.
- It's 600 grams of Manila clams (asari).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of each Cooking Sake / Soy Sauce.
Asari Clam Rice instructions
- Wash the rice and leave for 30 minutes..
- This is 900 g of asari clams with shells..
- Steam the clams in sake and remove the meat from the shells. Save the soup left behind from steaming the clams. Refer to steps 6 - 9 to find out how to steam the clams with sake..
- Add the washed rice to the rice cooker, along with the soup we took in step 3, cooking sake and soy sauce. Fill with water until you reach the 2 cups mark (or however much liquid you would normally use for the amount of rice you want), and cook the rice..
- Once the rice has cooked, add the clam meat and let them steam for a while..
- How to steam clams: Add the asari clams to a frying pan, pour over some cooking sake, put on the lid, and steam-cook on a low-medium heat..
- If you overcook the clams the meat will shrink so take them off the heat as soon as they start to open up..
- This is how they look when they're opened..
- Take a look at this related recipe too Fukagawa Don (Rice bowl). https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/145234-miso-clam-rice-bowl.