Direct from a Chef! Clam Seasoned Rice for Girl's Day Festival.
You can have Direct from a Chef! Clam Seasoned Rice for Girl's Day Festival using 9 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Direct from a Chef! Clam Seasoned Rice for Girl's Day Festival
- It's 360 ml of Uncooked white rice.
- Prepare 500 grams of Hamaguri (surf) clams.
- You need 200 ml of ○Water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ○Soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of ○Mentsuyu.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ○Sake.
- You need 2 tbsp of ○Mirin.
- It's 1 piece of ○Ginger.
- It's 10 cm of Kombu for dashi stock.
Direct from a Chef! Clam Seasoned Rice for Girl's Day Festival step by step
- There are always clams around when celebrating Doll's Festival right? If they're about the size of a 500 yen coin and you use 20 clams, then it'll be about 500 g. Scrub and wash them..
- Soak in salted water for about 20 minutes to de-sand..
- Wash the rice and drain in a strainer..
- Wash the clams one more time. Combine with the ○ ingredients and add to a pot. Mince or julienne the ginger..
- Turn on the heat until all the clams have opened up. Skim off the scum..
- Remove the clams..
- You can choose to remove the shells or not. I always remove them..
- This is the leftover dashi stock from simmering the clams..
- It's best if you filter the dashi stock at least once. This is the most important point! Don't use the dashi stock while it's hot! If you use it when it's hot, the rice won't cook through..
- Add the rice and the room temperature ○ mixture into the rice cooker. Fill with water until the liquid reaches the 2 rice cup mark. If you have it, add the kombu. Then switch it on!.
- It finished cookingggg!! It smells soooo good!.
- When the rice cooker is done, add the clams and steam..
- Discard the kombu and stir the rice..
- The rice is slightly scorched at the bottom, which is delicious..
- Transfer to serving dishes and it's done. It looks great garnished with mitsuba..
- See also "Straight From A Chef, Clam Broth Soup!". https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/170901-a-chefs-recipe-for-hamaguri-clam-broth-for-girls-day.