Towering Tofu Lasagna with Eggplant and Zucchini. Try Bertolli's eggplant & zucchini lasagna recipe for dinner tonight - this lasagna is the perfect blend of tender noodles, bubbly cheese, and delicious vegetables. Kick up your veggie intake with this warm and bubbly Eggplant & Zucchini Lasagna. This premium vegetarian recipe is tasty, cheesy.
Toss zucchini and eggplant with olive oil, and salt. Arrange on two baking sheets, roast in the top and bottom thirds of the oven. Put oil and zucchini in large nonstick skillet. You can have Towering Tofu Lasagna with Eggplant and Zucchini using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Towering Tofu Lasagna with Eggplant and Zucchini
- You need 1 of block firm tofu.
- Prepare 6 of slices eggplant (about 1 small or 1/2 larger one).
- You need 6 of slices zucchini (about 1 small or half-ish a large one).
- Prepare 1 of large tomato.
- You need 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil, plus more if needed.
- It's of Salt & pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of dried Italian herbs.
- Prepare 2 cups of tomato sauce.
- It's 1/2 Tbsp of fresh ginger, minced (optional).
- You need 1 handful of mozzarella or other melty cheese.
Tofu is combined with eggs, spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese and spices. The mixture is layered with lasagna noodles and topped with more cheese. Low carb, healthy lasagna made with zucchini noodles and tofu. I love a good vegetarian lasagna and zucchini squash is the perfect sub for regular lasagna noodles so I decided to make a low-carb, protein packed Thanks for posting this recipe!
Towering Tofu Lasagna with Eggplant and Zucchini step by step
- Wrap tofu in a paper towel and microwave for 1-2 minutes. Discard paper towel and cut into 8 equally thick slices..
- Slice zucchini and eggplant into into round slices 1/2 inch or 1 cm thick. Cut the tomato into thinner thin slices..
- Heat about 2 Tbsp oil in a frying pan on medium. Lightly fry tofu, eggplant and zucchini slices on both sides until a little browned/a little softened, then sprinkle with salt, pepper and herbs. Add more oil to frying pan if things start to stick. Eggplant tends to need more oil than other things..
- Grease a gratin or baking dish with a bit of vegetable oil, and pour in about 1/3 of the tomato sauce. Lay down 4 slices of tofu as the bottom layer with zucchini layer on top of that. Pour over another 1/3 of the sauce. Sprinkle in some fresh ginger here if using..
- On top of that, add layer of eggplant & remaining tofu slices. Pour over remaining sauce..
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the lasagna. Lastly, lay the slices of tomato over top. Place in toaster oven or top rack of oven and turn on broil setting. Cook until the cheese melts and slightly browns. I think I baked mine a bit too brown here, but YUM!.
I love to make lasagna with eggplant, it's delicious. This is better than the classic, trust us on this one… Lasagna is a go-to dish for our family and, while it's full of tomatoes and tastes delicious, it doesn't have that much going for it in regards to healthy eating. I first made this zucchini lasagna recipe a few months ago when my parents came to visit for the holidays. I wanted to make them a fancy comfort-food dish that For the zucchini lasagna, you start with a layer of tomato sauce, cover it with thinly sliced zucchini, then spread a layer of the filling on top. Are you growing Eggplants & Zucchini?