Tofu Lasagna with Minced Meat and Aubergines. My son cooked this dish which is a variation of the usual Mapo Tofu in that no minced pork is used. instead, aubergines are baked and then added to chilli. Tofu with minced pork is easy to cook, and most of all delicious with a bowl of fluffy, steaming hot white rice. It is a very forgiving dish that still tastes fabulous even you make a mistake.
No cheese means this recipe is much lower in fat than other traditional lasagna recipes. Vegan Tofu Lasagna With Spinach Recipe. The tofu "ricotta" has a wonderful creamy texture and boasts all the familiarity of the traditional Add meatless meat crumbles to your tomato sauce for more texture and body. You can have Tofu Lasagna with Minced Meat and Aubergines using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tofu Lasagna with Minced Meat and Aubergines
- Prepare 1 block of Tofu.
- Prepare 100 grams of Minced meat (pork or a blend with beef).
- You need 1 small of Aubergine (I used frozen).
- It's 1 slice of Melting type cheese (pizza cheese).
- You need of Seasoning ingredients:.
- You need 2 tbsp of Ketchup.
- You need 1 tbsp of Japanese Worcestershire sauce.
For more cheesiness, add shredded nondairy mozzarella cheese to each layer. Heat oil in wok and add the garlic, taucheo, fermented black beans and chilli. Steamed tofu with minced meat is a Chinese recipe which is very easy to prepare. Tofu by itself is bland and does not have much taste.
Tofu Lasagna with Minced Meat and Aubergines instructions
- Wrap the tofu in paper towels to drain..
- Fry the minced meat quickly and add the aubergine when the meat is cooked through. You don't need to separate the lumps of meat..
- I used frozen aubergine. If you use fresh aubergine, soak in water first to remove the bitterness and cut into bite sizes..
- Add the ketchup and Japanese Worcestershire sauce and continue to fry..
- Slice the tofu horizontally in half and place on a gratin dish. If you line the gratin dish with parchment paper beforehand, it will be easy to serve later..
- Place the sauce from Step 4 onto Step 5. Top with melting type cheese or use pizza cheese..
- The meat is cooked through already so once the cheese is golden brown, it is done..
If you are a vegetarian, skip the meat and double the amount of shiitaki mushrooms. Substitute mushroom sauce instead of oyster sauce. Combine tofu, basil, parsley, pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice, salt, red pepper flakes and sugar in food Cover with layer of noodles, overlapping slightly, half of tofu mixture and half of zucchini mixture. Replace lasagna noodles with zucchini, and use high-protein quinoa instead of a meat filling. Minced meat, tofu, and black beans combination is a classic chinese dish.