Boiled Hamaguri Clam Nigiri Sushi.
You can have Boiled Hamaguri Clam Nigiri Sushi using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Boiled Hamaguri Clam Nigiri Sushi
- Prepare 10 of Hamaguri clam (de-gritted).
- It's 200 ml of Sake.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of A) Soy sauce.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of A) Sugar.
- You need 40 ml of A) Mirin.
- Prepare 700 grams of Freshly cooked rice.
- It's 40 ml of B) Vinegar.
- Prepare 20 grams of B) Sugar.
- You need 2/3 tsp of B) Salt.
Boiled Hamaguri Clam Nigiri Sushi instructions
- Rub the clam shells together whilst washing them under running water to get rid of any slimy bits..
- Bring the cooking sake to a boil in a pan, then boil the clams. Cover with a lid, steam the clams for about 3-4 minutes, then remove from the pan. Save the liquid in the pan for later use..
- Stick a knife into the shells and pry them open. Cut the meat out carefully without damaging it..
- Adjust the shape of the meat and use the knife to butterfly the meat from the foot..
- Add the leftover clam juice from Step 2 and the "A" ingredients to a pan, and boil down on a low heat until you get a thick sauce..
- Transfer the rice into an "ohitsu" (wooden rice container) with the combined "B" ingredients. Fold in the "B" ingredients whilst fanning the rice..
- Apply the vinegar mixture (refer to Helpful Hints) on your hands and form the sushi rice into nigiri sushi. Lay the clam meat on top, neaten the shape, and brush on sauce to finish..