Clam and Edamame Mixed Rice.
You can cook Clam and Edamame Mixed Rice using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Clam and Edamame Mixed Rice
- It's 700 grams of White rice.
- Prepare 300 grams of Manila clams.
- It's 3 tbsp of ※Sake (for seasoning the clams).
- You need 1 tsp of ※Sugar (for seasoning the clams).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of ※Soy sauce (for seasoning the clams).
- Prepare 80 grams of Frozen edamame (in pods).
- You need 30 grams of Ginger.
- You need 1 of Aburaage.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ○Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ○Soy sauce.
- You need 4 of Green onions (for garnish).
- It's 1 tsp of Sesame oil (for finishing).
Clam and Edamame Mixed Rice instructions
- Rinse the rice and drain in a sieve..
- Remove the sand from the clams and wash under running water, rubbing the shells together. Strain well through a sieve..
- Put the clams and ※ in a pot, cover with a lid, and heat over medium. Once they have opened, turn off the heat and remove the meat from the shells. Set the boiling liquid aside..
- Peel and finely chop the ginger. Put the aburaage through hot water to remove the surface oil, then cut into 1 cm pieces..
- Chop the green onions, defrost the edamame under running water, and remove the edamame from their pods..
- Put the rice and the ingredients marked ○ into the rice pot, then add the boiling liquid from Step 3 until the 2 cup water line. Add the ginger and mix well from the bottom up. Top with the aburaage, then start the rice cooker..
- Once the rice has cooked, add the clam meat, green onions and edamame from Step 5, and sesame oil. Mix it all up. Replace the lid and steam for an additional 5 minutes to finish..