Clear Soup with Manila Clams.
You can have Clear Soup with Manila Clams using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Clear Soup with Manila Clams
- Prepare 1 bag of Manila clams.
- You need 4 tbsp of ●Sake.
- It's 10 of cm square piece ● Kombu.
- You need 800 ml of ●Water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Usukuchi soy sauce.
- It's 1 of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Mitsuba.
Clear Soup with Manila Clams instructions
- Soak the Manila clams in salt water (not listed) so that they spit out the sand. Rub the shells together to wash, and drain into a colander..
- Wipe any dirt off the kombu with a tightly wrung out moistened kitchen towel..
- Put the ● ingredients and the clams in a pan and start cooking over medium heat. Take the kombu out just before it comes to a boil..
- When the clams have opened up, skim off the scum, taste and adjust the seasoning with usukuchi soy sauce and salt..
- Put the clams into serving bowls and ladle the soup over them. Top with mitsuba and serve..