Shijimi Clam Rice.
You can have Shijimi Clam Rice using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shijimi Clam Rice
- It's 200 grams of in their shells Shijimi clams (basket or freshwater clams).
- You need 1 pinch of ＊Salt.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of ＊Soy sauce.
- It's 1 tbsp of ＊Sake.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ＊Mirin.
- Prepare 5 grams of Ginger (finely shredded).
- You need 1 tbsp of ★Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ★Sake.
- You need 1 tsp of ★Mirin.
- Prepare 700 grams of Uncooked white rice.
Shijimi Clam Rice instructions
- De-sand the shijimi clams well. Put the clams in 1 liter of boiling water, and cook over medium heat until they open. Watch the pot so that it doesn't boil over..
- Taste the liquid in the pan and add the ＊ ingredients. Leave the clams in the cooking liquid until they cool down. In the meantime, finely julienne the ginger. Rinse the rice and drain into a sieve..
- Take the meat out of the clams (it weighed about 50 g in total) and marinate them in the ★ ingredients for 5 to 10 minutes, so that the clams absorb lots of flavor..
- Put the rice in the rice cooker with the Step 3 marinating liquid. Add the cooking liquid from Step 2 up to the 2 cup line of the rice cooker. Scatter on the clams and ginger, and cook the rice as usual. Done!.