Chili Cheese Corn Dog Casserole. Yep, we made a chili cheese dog casserole, and it's even more incredible than it sounds. There are two all-American classics that we cannot live without: chili cheese dogs and casseroles. Bet you can guess where this is going.
This Chili Cheese Dog Casserole from Delish.com is a fun new take on chili cheese dogs. Canned chili and crescent dough makes this recipe ridiculously easy. It can be served as a main course or as a fun addition to any game day party spread. You can have Chili Cheese Corn Dog Casserole using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chili Cheese Corn Dog Casserole
- It's 1 packages of Hot Dogs.
- Prepare 2 can of Favorite Chili.
- It's 2 cup of Mexican Blend Cheese.
- It's 1 can of Sweet Corn.
- Prepare 1 packages of Cornbread Mix.
- Prepare 1 of Red Onion (chopped).
- You need 1 packages of Real Bacon Bits.
Browned hot dog pieces mixed with celery, green onion, a corn bread batter and Cheddar cheese for a taste of the county fair in a casserole! It tastes just like a corn dog without the onion and celery, so you may want to try foregoing those two ingredients. Also, this is a great recipe to serve on football. This thrifty casserole has all the flavors of some of your kids' fast-food favorites without the drive-through price tag!
Chili Cheese Corn Dog Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut hotdogs into pieces.
- Mix hotdogs with chili, 1 cup cheese, half can of corn, bacon bits and onions.
- Mix cornbread as package instructs then mix in other half can of corn.
- Add half chili mixture to baking dish. Spoon on half of the cornbread batter.
- Add on other half of chili mixture then spoon on cornbread batter.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Take out and spread on other cup of cheese. Bake for 10 more minutes uncovered.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
Spray an Stir in chili, brown sugar, garlic powder and chili powder; heat through. Stir in ¾ cup shredded cheese. This Corn Dog Casserole I an easier version of the kid friendly corn dog - made into a casserole topped with cheese. When the hot dogs are cooked, pour the cornbread mixture plus the cooked veggies into the skillet with the corndogs. If a corn dog and chili dog had a baby casserole, this would be it.