Manila Clam Rice.
You can cook Manila Clam Rice using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Manila Clam Rice
- You need 400 grams of Manila clams.
- You need 540 ml of Uncooked white rice.
- Prepare 100 ml of Sake.
- It's 1 of Carrot.
- It's of Flavoring ingredients:.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Soy sauce.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need of Garnish.
- You need 1 of Thinly sliced green onion.
Manila Clam Rice step by step
- Wash the rice and drain in a strainer (for at least 30 minutes). Remove the sand from the clams and wash. Mince the carrots..
- Add the clams and the sake to a frying pan. Cover with a lid and cook until the clams open. Once they've opened, separate the meat and the clam juices..
- Add the rice from Step 1, and the clam juices from Step 2 to the rice cooker. Then add the flavoring ingredients and enough water to reach the 3 cups mark..
- Add the minced carrots to Step 3 and turn on your rice cooker!.
- Once the rice has finished cooking, add the clams and mix. Serve in rice bowls, sprinkle with thinly sliced green onions, and it's complete..