Thai Green Coconut Curry. This is an authentic vegetarian Thai Green Curry recipe that's simple to make from scratch, no packaged curry paste required. This green curry tastes like a green curry should - very fresh and zinging with taste, plus it's quite 'creamy' without being too rich. In this Thai green curry chicken recipe (แกงเขียวหวานไก่) you'll find step by step instructions about how to make authentic home style Thai green curry.
You can also use coconut cream if you want a richer, thicker sauce (green curry is normally a thinner sauce, see video). Green curry paste—made with ground green chile peppers, herbs and spices—provides amazing layers of flavor and heat. In this incredibly satisfying, Thai-inspired dish, we're making a green coconut curry with sweet potato and crisp, late-summer green beans. You can cook Thai Green Coconut Curry using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai Green Coconut Curry
- It's of For Green curry.
- Prepare 1 of stem lemongrass thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1-3 of green chilies.
- You need 1 cup of fresh coriander.
- It's 1 of small onion (chopped).
- Prepare 4-5 cloves of garlic.
- It's 1-2 inch of piece ginger, sliced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- It's 2 tablespoons of lime juice (fresh).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cumin (ground).
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of coriander (ground).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of For adding in the Curry.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It's 1 1/2 cups of tofu (optional panner in place of tofu).
- It's 1/2-3/4 cup of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper (chopped into bite-size pieces).
- Prepare 1-1 1/2 cups of green beans, chopped.
- It's 1 of large tomatoes chopped.
- It's 1/2 cup of fresh basil (tulsi).
- You need 1/2 cup of peas(matar).
- You need 1/2 cup of mushrooms (optional).
Green curry wasn't just the dish that got me into cooking in earnest (and for that it would have to fight it out with laap and great bolognese and also South Good-quality coconut milk is important, too; I like the Thai Chaokoh brand. I also like to add cuttlefish balls, which are chewy, savory balls made out of. This easy green curry is made with chicken, coconut milk, fresh herbs, and lime. Fresh curry paste requires home cooks to source a few obscure ingredients, but the prep is quite simple.
Thai Green Coconut Curry instructions
- Take all the ingredients of green curry and make a fine paste..
- You can add more coconut milk to make it smooth..
- Place a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons oil then add all the green curry paste you just made. Stir-fry 1 minute to release the fragrance..
- Add the tofu or panner, mushrooms and Stir-fry until well coated with sauce..
- Add the vegetable stock. Stir and reduce heat to medium-low. Gently simmer 5 minutes..
- Add the coconut milk, plus vegetables (except basil) and continue simmering 5 to 7 minutes, or until softened..
- Remove curry from heat and taste for salt and spice. Add salt, sugar or pepper if needed..
- Remove to a serving bowl. Sprinkle over the fresh basil..
The reward for this work lies in the flavor - fresh green curry has a vibrant flavor that a store-bought paste just can't. A tutorial of this classic and famous Thai curry! This recipe is made with chicken, but you can also use pork, shrimp, beef, tofu, or any kind of protein. Delicious and easy green curry with chicken in rich coconut curry sauce. Thai green curry is so delicious, specially when served with steaming white jasmine rice.