Massaman curry rice. Buy Groceries at Amazon & Save. 'Massaman Curry' is a traditional Thai dish that imbibes many aspects of Malay curries. Massaman curried rice is a memorable rice 'experience' that involves flavouring steamed rice, marinated cottage cheese and veggies with massaman curry paste and garnishing the preparation with crisp crushed peanuts and spring onion greens. This Thai inspired Massaman Curry recipe includes onions, carrots, potatoes, and chicken simmered in massaman curry sauce and served over steamed rice.
Don't miss my other favorites including Drunken Noodles, Thai Basil Beef, and Easy Pad Thai. Delicious Rich, fall-apart slow-cooked beef massaman curry in a spicy homemade sauce with new potatoes. This Massaman Curry is perfect comfort food! You can cook Massaman curry rice using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Massaman curry rice
- You need 1 cup of Rice – (soak them for half an hour).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Spring onions.
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic paste.
- Prepare 2-3 of Baby corns – (finely chopped).
- Prepare As needed of Broccoli – florets (finely chopped).
- It's 1/2 of Capsicum –(finely chopped).
- You need ¼ cup of Paneer and Tofu – each (cut into small squares).
- Prepare 4-5 of mushrooms – (all finely chopped).
- You need 1 of Carrot –(finely chopped).
- It's 2 pieces of Dry red chillies –(deseeded and roughly cut).
- You need 1/4 cup of Tamarind pulp.
- It's 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare ½ tsp of Red chilli paste – (soak two dry chillies in warm water and make a paste) or red chilli flakes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Coriander and cumin powder.
- It's 1 tsp of Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Soya sauce.
- It's 1 tsp of Red curry paste – (dissolved in two tbsp. water).
- It's ½ cup of coconut milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of salted peanuts – . (Crushed).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon stalk.
- It's 1, 1/2 cups of water.
Make extra and freeze some for a busy weeknight. Plus I'm sharing my tips on making a homemade massaman curry paste and including a video to walk you step by step through the process. Beef Massaman Curry is the dish of dreams, and one of our favourite Thai recipes. The sauce is rich in flavour and the beef falls apart beautifully.
Massaman curry rice step by step
- Boil 6-8 cups of water with 2 tsp of salt. Add rice. Cook them on a medium flame. Keep stirring until the rice are tender. Drain the rice and keep it on the strainer for 5 minutes. Fluff with the fork. Spread them on a tray for 1 hour before you stir fry..
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry paneer and tofu and take it out. In the same oil add onions and garlic paste. Fry them for few minutes..
- Add all the vegetables. Fry them for few minutes..
- In a bowl, take coconut milk. Add red curry paste, crushed peanut and lemon stalk..
- Add this to the sautéed vegetables. Add water. Add in rice and Cook till the water gets evaporated and rice are done..
The main ingredients of a Massaman curry. To make the coconut rice, thoroughly wash and drain the rice. Beef - Massaman is supposed to be made with large pieces of meat, rather than small bite size pieces, so the meat needs to be slow cooked to become tender and absorbs the flavour of the braising liquid. Can be substituted with brisket but make sure you trim off the thick layer of fat, otherwise the sauce ends up too greasy. Gravy beef is also suitable, as long as you can find large pieces.