Stromboli/calzone (meat and cheese). Stromboli is a type of turnover filled with various Italian cheeses (typically mozzarella) and cold cuts (typically Italian meats such as salami, capocollo and bresaola) or vegetables. The dough used is either Italian bread dough or pizza dough. While stromboli and calzones can have very similar fillings—meat, cheese, vegetables—there are a few notable differences.
Calzone and stromboli are dishes that are a big part of my Italian family traditions—my family can't get enough of them. A calzone has one layer and is filled with ricotta, mozzarella, and Italian meats. They're best when they come out of the oven with the cheese falling over the sides. You can cook Stromboli/calzone (meat and cheese) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stromboli/calzone (meat and cheese)
- You need 1 of Frozen pizza dough ball.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It's 1/4 lb of ham( cold cuts, thinly sliced).
- You need 1/4 lb of Pepperoni (sandwich size, thin sliced).
- Prepare 1/4 lb of Provolone cheese sliced thin.
- It's 1/4 lb of mozzarella cheese sliced thin.
- You need 1/4 lb of Salami sliced thin.
Note: Includes: stromboli; Pizza Hut Calizza. Strombolis and calzones often have the same ingredients. They are both generally made with mozzarella cheese. Calzones in the USA are more likely to contain pizza toppings than deli meats, but there are plenty of restaurants that serve Italian deli meats in their.
Stromboli/calzone (meat and cheese) step by step
- Spray bowl with cooking spray and place pizza dough in bowl and cover (I use wax paper) allow to rise in warm area takes about 1 hour.
- Spread flour on counter and place dough on flour and roll the dough out as large as you can wo it getting paper thin. If sticking to rolling pin use flour on it to help reduce sticking.
- Layer your meat and cheeses 1 variety at a time, I go in a circular patten and don't be shy to get hear edges. I do meat...cheese...meat...cheese..meat. however layer however you like.
- Once all meat and cheese is placed, it's rolling time. Take the longer side of the dough and roll it like a burrito or like rolling a beach towel til you reach other end. Do this slow so dough does not tear..
- Tuck the corners in and under. Then carefully transfer your stromboli to a greased cookie sheet/pizza pan.Once on sheet , wisk 1 egg and brush on top on stromboli. .makes it golden brown ;).
- Cook on 350 for 35 to 40 min then broil for 2 min for crispy top. Then cut into slices and enjoy.
Calzones use ricotta cheese, and stromboli does not. Stromboli is made with mozzarella cheese (preferably low-moisture) to keep moisture at a Whether you're team stromboli or team calzone, these distinctions shouldn't inspire hate. We're here to appreciate the differences, not yell about them. Zesty, cheesy and perfect for pizza night this Italian Meat Stromboli recipe is an easy and delicious A calzone is pretty much just a pizza folded in half, stuffed with your favorite pizza toppings and The basics are starting with either a pizza dough or a bread dough and you stuff it with cheese, pizza. This stromboli recipe is tender dough stuffed with tomato sauce, cheese and Italian meats, then baked to golden brown perfection.