Shawarma. Meat: lamb, chicken, turkey, beef Sandwich: Shawarma meat, pita or wrap bread, chopped or shredded vegetables, pickles and assorted condiments. Shawarma is a type of street food that can be found in many countries in the Middle East. It can be purchased quickly from street venders and consumed on-the-go.
Shawarma (Arabic شاورما) is the hugely popular dish of slowly roasted or braised meat, eaten as a sandwich in pita bread but also on a plate, a recipe which is also called kebab. The best healthy Chicken Shawarma recipe that you must try. Now make this scrumptious recipe at home #ChickenShawarma #ShawarmaRecipe #Streetfood. You can have Shawarma using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shawarma
- It's of Grated Carrot.
- Prepare of Sliced Cucumber and Cabbage.
- You need of Fried Irish Potato.
- You need of Lebanese Bread.
- Prepare of Mayyonaise.
- You need Strips of Beef/Chicken.
- Prepare of Ketchup.
- It's of Scotch bonnet.
- Prepare of Desired Spices.
- You need Cubes of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Garlic.
Chicken Shawarma Recipe Video - How to make homemade chicken shawarma in the oven or on the grill. From Arabic شَاوِرْمَا (šāwirmā) or شَاوَرْمَا (šāwarmā), from Turkish çevirme ("something that is spun or turned over"), from çevirmek ("to turn over"). shawarma (usually uncountable, plural shawarmas). A Middle Eastern sandwich-like wrap of shaved lamb, goat, chicken, turkey, beef. Scary, but tasty meal consisting of Mediterranian spiced hicken or beef cooked on a revolving spit, wrapped up in a soft, warm pita along with veggies such as tomatoe, parsely, hommus.
- Cut beef/chicken into strips.Add desired spices,crushed garlic,seasoning cubes,salt,scotch bonnet and cook beef thoroughly..
- Transfer cooked beef into another pan with very little oil and fry lightly.
- In a bowl,mix sliced cabbage,cucumberand grated cabbage.
- In another bowl,mix ketchup and mayyonaise in equal ratios.
- Spread foil paper on a flat plate and place lebanese bread on top.Rub mixed mayyonaise and ketchup paste on the bread..
- Place mixed veggies and fried potato on one side and beef on the other side.
- Use hands and roll like a mat together with the foil to cover it up..
- Place on a hot grilling pan and allow to heat up.
- Repeat the same process untill you are through with all other ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy.
You may have seen these luscious meats wrapped in pita and sold in a food court, on the street or in a restaurant and wondered, "what is that, exactly?" Shawarma typically consists of thinly sliced, seasoned meat that is piled into piping hot pita bread and topped with crisp vegetables or onion rings. There are several sauces that go well shawarma. Shawarma is an Arabic food that originated from a non-Arabic country, Ottoman Turkey, where the food was called Doner Kebab. Burrito is a Mexican food whose name means "little donkey" in Spanish. Chicken shawarma recipe - Shawarma or shawurma is a Arab dish that is prepared by grilling meat Shawarma is prepared by stacking strips of marinated meat and fats alternately on a vertical spit.