For Doll Festival: Clam Clear Broth Soup.
You can cook For Doll Festival: Clam Clear Broth Soup using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of For Doll Festival: Clam Clear Broth Soup
- It's 8 of Hamaguri clams.
- You need 800 ml of Water.
- You need 1 tbsp of Usukuchi soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Coarse salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of Sake.
- Prepare 1 of one 5 cm square Kombu.
- It's 1 dash of Mitsuba.
- It's 1 dash of Wheat bran (optional).
For Doll Festival: Clam Clear Broth Soup step by step
- Put the water and coarse salt into a large bowl. Add the clams to remove the sand. Let them soak anywhere for about half a day, or at least 3-4 hours..
- Cover with a newspaper because it's probably better if they're in a dark place Once the sand is removed, rub the shells together and rinse..
- Place the clams and the water from the ingredient list into a pot. Add the konbu and sake and turn the heat to medium-low..
- Once it has begun to boil and the shells open, lower the heat to very low right away and remove the konbu and clams..
- Skim off any scum from the surface and add the usukuchi soy sauce and salt. Give it a quick stir and then gently return the clams to the pot. It's done..
- Right before eating, garnish with mitsuba. The wheat gluten (fu) is optional..
- I suggest you cut alternating slits in the konbu..
- Note: To make the salt water for removing the sand from the clams, I use 500 ml of water with 15 g of salt..