Roast Chicken with stuffing and very fat pigs in blankets.
You can cook Roast Chicken with stuffing and very fat pigs in blankets using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roast Chicken with stuffing and very fat pigs in blankets
- Prepare of chicken:.
- You need 1 of chicken (oven ready) size doesn't matter.
- You need of salt, pepper and paprika.
- You need 1/3 of onion in its whole state but without peel.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need of pigs in blankets:.
- You need 2 of thick link sausages per person (these can be any type of links, i use pork and black pepper from my local farm but this works with any sausage as long as it's a thick one).
- Prepare 1 of bacon (smoked, unsmoked, thick, thin, back, middle or streaky) cut into ¾ inch strips.
- You need of stuffing:.
- It's 2 slices of bread (white, brown, seeded, etc).
- You need 2/3 of onion.
- It's 2 tsp of sage.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black or white pepper.
- Prepare 2 oz of butter.
- It's 2 tbsp of Apple sauce (optional).
Roast Chicken with stuffing and very fat pigs in blankets instructions
- For the chicken: give it a quick rinse inside and out then pat dry with some kitchen paper.
- Take the onion and shove it up into the cavity as far as it will go.
- Sprinkle the bird with the seasoning all over, then drizzle on the oil and rub it well into the skin.
- Make the stuffing: put all of the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until all combined or rub the bread into breadcrumbs and finely chop the onion before mixing in the seasoning and butter.
- Push the stuffing into the cavity of the chicken.
- Put the chicken, breast down, into a roasting tin and place in the middle of a hot oven 200ºC gas mark 6 initially for 30 minutes.
- Take each thick sausage and twist in the middle. Then, using a kitchen scissors, snip into two equal halves..
- Wrap each sausage half in a strip of bacon and either secure with a cocktail stick or place in dish with the bacon join on the underside.
- After 30 minutes turn the oven to 180ºC and turn the chicken onto its back with breast uppermost and cook the chicken for 15 minutes per pound (so for my 4lb bird that's another hour).
- Put the pan of sausages in for the last 45 minutes - near the top of the oven.
- You should now have a lovely moist, perfectly cooked chicken with flavorful stuffing and fat sticky pigs in blankets.