Halloumi and chipolata pigs in blankets. Fry the sausages to brown them a little. When the sausages have browned, chop them in half and roll up with the halloumi in the bacon. This meat-free, aubergine and halloumi pigs in blankets recipe is a tasty vegetarian starter or side.
Make a Pigs in a Blanket Wreath! This method looks fancy but is actually super easy. Simply arrange your pigs in whatever shape you'd like to serve them in and let the oven do the rest. You can cook Halloumi and chipolata pigs in blankets using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Halloumi and chipolata pigs in blankets
- You need 5 of chipolata sausages.
- Prepare 150 g of halloumi.
- You need 5 slices of back bacon.
- It's of Pepper to season.
Use the same method for Super Bowl parties with our Pigskin in a Blanket—it's a major crowd pleaser. Mariel uses water chestnuts and bacon to make pigs in blankets. She also uses Irish sausages to make mini chipolatas. Cut the bacon rashers in half.
Halloumi and chipolata pigs in blankets instructions
- Fry the sausages to brown them a little. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200°c..
- Slice the halloumi.
- Slice the bacon.
- When the sausages have browned, chop them in half and roll up with the halloumi in the bacon. Season with black pepper..
- Put in oven for 20 minutes, turning halfway through. Serve with apple sauce..
Wrap a piece of bacon around each of the chipolatas. Pigs in blankets are the ultimate roast dinner side, made with crispy streaky bacon wrapped round a mini chipolata. In our experience they are very popular with all members of the family. Dunked into gravy on the side of your plate or even eaten as a snack in their own right pigs in blankets are a. Pigs in blankets are too delicious to be reserved for a one-off Christmas side dish - try them as a party snack or with roast chicken.