Pigs in a Cheesy Bacon Blanket.
You can have Pigs in a Cheesy Bacon Blanket using 10 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pigs in a Cheesy Bacon Blanket
- It's 2 each of refrigerated crossoint roll packages.
- Prepare 1 large of package of cocktail sized hot dogs.
- Prepare 1 packages of bacon cut into 1/3 sections.
- It's 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of no salt italian seasoning.
- You need of pan prep.
- Prepare 1 each of cooking spray for pan of choice.
- Prepare of Avocado Ranch.
- Prepare 1 each of ripe avocado.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of ranch dressing (or feel free to make your own via a packet).
Pigs in a Cheesy Bacon Blanket instructions
- preheat oven to 275°F.
- take out a cooking tray line with foil spray with cooking spray of choice (I used olive oil spray).
- take the rolls open the first package (leave the other in the fridge) and section out each piece, now cut each in half.
- take a bacon piece and mildly stretch it out, make sure not to break it though, now take the cocktail hot dog and wrap in on of the smaller and stretched pieces of bacon..
- now take the bacon wrapped cocktail dog and wrap that in on of the halved sections of the pastry roll..
- keep doing each individually until you great the amount you want space them on tray evenly to allow room for baking. I made two pans and cooked side by side..
- place in oven and cook until pastry is fully done, I cooked mine for 30 min at a lower temp than on the package so they didn't burn..
- when cooked and crispy go ahead and open oven and pull out rack. gently sprinkle cheese a top and turn up temp to 300°F for 5 minutes or until melted..
- open oven again pull out rack and sprinkle with Italian seasonings the turn off oven and let sit for about 2 minutes..
- now remove and let cool on stove..
- make avocado ranch dressing and serve or use any dressing you'd prefer..
- take one whole ripe avocado and peel skin and remove pit. then cut into small cubes and place in a bowl.
- take your one to one and a half cup ranch dressing and pour over avocados..
- slowly with a spoon mix the two together until you see the white consistency of the ranch turn a very light green. (chunks of avocado are good and enhance the flavor of the bacon on the dogs).
- plate and serve.